Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How many ereaders do you own?
1 29 16.76%
2 34 19.65%
3 or more 110 63.58%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2021, 11:11 AM   #1
CAFlanny
Connoisseur
CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Meebook P78 Pro, Kindles: PW5, Voyage, & Keyboard
Multiple Ereaders

Do you have multiple ereaders? If you do, how do you use them?
CAFlanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:20 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Yes. Currently I have the Kindle Oasis, the Kobo Libra and the latest Nook Glowlight. I switch between them. A few books read on one, a few on another and so on.

I've had more than 3, but as the older ones were no longer in active use, I sold them or gave away.

I also have two old basic Kindles, which I kept for sentimental reasons (they were my first ereaders). I've not used them for many years, but I still charge them occasionally.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2021, 11:56 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I marked 2 ,Working Normal ones. (Aura2 and a K4nt)
My EZreader (#3) has a very weak battery with no obvious replacement source

I don't count my Tablet Moon+). I did not even bother to install a reader app on my phone.

My Kobo is my current (k)EPUB reader
The K4 is for when Amazon DRM is (still) there

The Tablet is for when COLOR is needed (charts, Diagrams)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 01:16 PM   #4
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I have my old Sony T1 which is full to the brim & I got a Kobo Libra to basically replace it with more storage for my ever increasing book amount.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 03:00 PM   #5
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Serial monogamist here, always only one. First 3 versions of Kindle PW, then Kobo Clara, H2O2, now Libra.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2021, 04:25 PM   #6
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
1. Sony PRST1 - quit using because of dictionary freeze bug and Overdrive access stopped working. Last time I checked, reader still worked in spite of having a divot in the screen where something fell on it from above while I was reading.
2. Sony PRST1 - quit using when Overdrive access stopped working. Otherwise the reader still works fine.
3. Kobo Clara - use this when at home, especially if I want to read in bed before falling asleep since it has the warm light. Overdrive library books directly on the device are limited to books where the Kobo store had the same edition, so this led to my getting:
4. Tolino Shine 2 - bought this used & cheap to use when I am away from home with no computer access. This is because it has direct Overdrive library access and I can get any available library book.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 05:46 PM   #7
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
11 e-ink readers. The Oasis 2 has been my workhorse since I got it, the others mostly just stand by jealously (and get charged monthly).

Kindle Oasis 2 3G 32GB
Kindle Paperwhite 2
Kindle Touch
Kindle 4
2x Kindle 3, one with 3G
Kindle DX - PDFs after running through k2pdfopt
2x Sony PRS-350
Sony PRS-505 (possibly dead, have to investigate whether I botched battery replacement)
Yotaphone 2 - beach reader, will fall more out of favor in Feb. 2022 when 3G in the U.S. shuts down and it can no longer perform as a phone.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 06:20 PM   #8
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I have three. A kindle PW3, Kobo GloHD and a Sony PRS-650. I dont use any because I read, mostly on my phone. Wastd money there!
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 07:05 PM   #9
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
A 9th generation Oasis, which is, for now, my main reader. A 2019 Paperwhite that I travel with, and sometimes I switch to it for a week or two. I find the lighting too dim for daytime use.

I have an older Paperwhite that can still run the active content games, so I use it sometimes if I'm in bed but don't feel like reading. My mom used it for a while, but never really got good at using it. I bought it in 2013 I think, it's the second gen Paperwhite.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 04:09 AM   #10
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
I only use EInk Android tablets now.

~ 10 inch:
Likebook Alita - with 512 GB SD as notes device for scores and sheet music.
Boox Note Air - with Bluetooth keyboard as (winter) garden computer (notebook).
Likebook P10 - for pdf

7.8 inch:
Likebook Ares - with 512 GB SD as notes device for on the road
Likebook P78 - with 512 GB SD for reading at home
Likebook Mars - with 512 GB SD in my forest home

6 inch:
Boox Poke 3 - for reading on the go
Boox Poke 2 - as a navigation device
Likebook P6 - with 512 GB SD for traveling

Various Kindles, Kobos, Tolinos are sorted out on a basement shelf and are only used now and then for comparisons of how good I have it with the devices I use.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:33 AM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have lots. But I only use my Kindle Voyage.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:44 AM   #12
LinuxArie
Connoisseur
LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Clara HD. FBreader on Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro, Nokia 3.1
2, KObo Touch and Clara HD

On my Androids FBreader premium and Librera Pro
LinuxArie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:50 AM   #13
MargaretMiller19
MargaretMiller19 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MargaretMiller19 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MargaretMiller19 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MargaretMiller19 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MargaretMiller19 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MargaretMiller19 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MargaretMiller19 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MargaretMiller19 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MargaretMiller19 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MargaretMiller19 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MargaretMiller19 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I use my Kindle Paperwhite daily and that's why I marked 1. I used to read a lot of books my computer and phone, but these don't qualify as ereaders for me, especially since I haven't used them for that for many years. I love my Kindle and since it's working without any issues - I don't need another one!
MargaretMiller19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 06:38 AM   #14
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
I read on a PW4, and will buy another PW4 next year, just for prudence's sake. I also have a Kobo Elipsa, on which I read manga.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 12:38 PM   #15
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I read on a 10-inch Fire tablet. I also have a Kindle Paperwhite that I use only as a backup if the tablet is charging. The PW was dirt cheap a few years ago so I bought it; it's not even registered. I hate the small screen size or I'd use it more often.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote