Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-19-2021, 04:34 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Chronicles of Narnia - all 7 books - $5 at Amazon

This is the first time I've (personally) seen this go on sale.

https://www.amazon.com/Chronicles-Na...al-text&sr=1-1
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 07:57 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I already have these, but this is a great bargain.

Thank you!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2021, 08:18 AM   #3
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
please repost in the SF&F forum
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 10:16 AM   #4
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Since it's been several hours already, I went ahead and reposted it in the SF&F thread, with a link to this original.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 11:13 AM   #5
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
And I just cross-posted to the Children/YA thread....
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2021, 11:16 AM   #6
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Me too, but I'm tempted, just for ease of reading on my Kindle. (Slaps own hand , and says "no" to self...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I already have these, but this is a great bargain.

Thank you!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 11:18 AM   #7
Byrdie
Walking Library
Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle Paperwhite 5, 16 gb version
:sigh: Still just a penny shy of $30 in Canada. Don't think I've ever seen them on sale up here.
Byrdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 11:32 AM   #8
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
This is the first time I've (personally) seen this go on sale.

https://www.amazon.com/Chronicles-Na...al-text&sr=1-1
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 11:32 AM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Not listed at all in UK and USA site says "unavailable", though perhaps that's because I'm not logged in with an account with a USA Kindle.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 11:33 AM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie View Post
:sigh: Still just a penny shy of $30 in Canada. Don't think I've ever seen them on sale up here.
They are PD in Canada and available there free as he died in 1963, same day as Kennedy. Blame Disney and friends for them not being PD everywhere and on PG worldwide.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 12:42 PM   #11
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Edit: What Quoth said. I should have read the rest of the thread before commenting.

Quote:
Lewis died in 1963 so aren't they already in the public domain there? I thought Canada was Life + 50 but I'm not sure exactly how that works. I'd expect that one of the free PD book sites has something if that's the case.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 01:28 PM   #12
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Very good price. I thought I had this with the old 'Aslan on fire' cover.

But a search of Lewis in my Kindle library says 'no'. (Though I do have four Sinclair Lewis books that I really need to get to.)
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 07:11 PM   #13
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Very good price. I thought I had this with the old 'Aslan on fire' cover.

But a search of Lewis in my Kindle library says 'no'. (Though I do have four Sinclair Lewis books that I really need to get to.)
Ya, I have the 1970 (ish) Ballantine paperbacks and an Aslan omnibus soft cover but didn't have them as e-books so I used my slow shipping credit for this.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 11:07 PM   #14
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Probably because the illustration free versions of the Narnia books are public domain in Canada (see https://www.fadedpage.com/csearch.ph...ive%20Staples)).
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 09:31 AM   #15
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekbell View Post
Probably because the illustration free versions of the Narnia books are public domain in Canada (see https://www.fadedpage.com/csearch.ph...ive%20Staples)).
I've never seen Narnia eBooks on sale in the U.S. before. I should mention, however, that I'm not the one who found these. They were posted on Slick Deals. I should have given credit where credit was due. I've actually found several Kindle deals by going to Slick Deals. Once you follow up on a book link, book deals become part of their "just for you," list (if you don't kill your cookies, I guess).

https://slickdeals.net/

It should also be added that, even though they say edition is not illustrated, it looks like all the books have illustrations on the title page and on all the chapter headings. And these are by Pauline Baynes (who I believe illustrated some of Tolkien's books). These are the same illustrations from my hardcover book (which was also an omnibus — from a book club, I think).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nephew.png
Views:	161
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	188804   Click image for larger version

Name:	lion.png
Views:	155
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	188805   Click image for larger version

Name:	horse.png
Views:	170
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	188806   Click image for larger version

Name:	caspian.png
Views:	165
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	188807   Click image for larger version

Name:	dawn.png
Views:	164
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	188808   Click image for larger version

Name:	chair.png
Views:	171
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	188809   Click image for larger version

Name:	last.png
Views:	164
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	188810   Click image for larger version

Name:	lucyfound.png
Views:	162
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	188811  

Last edited by rcentros; 08-20-2021 at 11:59 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote