Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-26-2021, 02:32 PM   #1
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
iPad Pro M1 - The beast has been released

Hi there,

Starting a thread about the new iPads.

I bought the 256GB, 12.9" - Wi-Fi with the Apple Pencil to go with it.
I've been using it for few days now, and I'm blown away by the evolution of the tablets since my iPad mini 2 (2013).

Reading comics and double page mangas has never been so comfortable. The device is surprisingly comfortable to hold ( I was very hesitant to chose the bigger model, but I'm glad I did)

And to finish, the HDR of the miniLED screen is from another planet. I'll be spoiled to watch movies on the go.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 02:43 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I’m saving up for one of these…
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2021, 03:38 PM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
My Pro is just over 2 years old...I'd love to have this new one. We are in more need of new phones unfortunately. Hubby's iPhone 6 won't run a couple of the apps he'd like to use, but he doesn't want my 7+ because of its size.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 03:42 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamida View Post
Hi there,

Starting a thread about the new iPads.

I bought the 256GB, 12.9" - Wi-Fi with the Apple Pencil to go with it.
I've been using it for few days now, and I'm blown away by the evolution of the tablets since my iPad mini 2 (2013).

Reading comics and double page mangas has never been so comfortable. The device is surprisingly comfortable to hold ( I was very hesitant to chose the bigger model, but I'm glad I did)

And to finish, the HDR of the miniLED screen is from another planet. I'll be spoiled to watch movies on the go.
If you watch movies/TV Netflix or Amazon Prime, do you get HDR if the movies/TV have HDR? Does HDR content from YouTube give HDR?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 06:09 PM   #5
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you watch movies/TV Netflix or Amazon Prime, do you get HDR if the movies/TV have HDR? Does HDR content from YouTube give HDR?
Netflix has HDR / Dolby Vision available.
Amazon doesn’t show it, which is weird. Maybe the app needs to get updated? Cause it has hdr on my Apple TV.

For YouTube, HDR is available, and I’ve been blown away by some of the videos found there.
Apple TV+ And Disney+ also have HDR / Dolby vision.

Last edited by Almamida; 05-26-2021 at 06:11 PM.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2021, 08:08 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamida View Post
Netflix has HDR / Dolby Vision available.
Amazon doesn’t show it, which is weird. Maybe the app needs to get updated? Cause it has hdr on my Apple TV.

For YouTube, HDR is available, and I’ve been blown away by some of the videos found there.
Apple TV+ And Disney+ also have HDR / Dolby vision.
Thanks! That good to know.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:51 PM   #7
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
My Pro is just over 2 years old...I'd love to have this new one. We are in more need of new phones unfortunately. Hubby's iPhone 6 won't run a couple of the apps he'd like to use, but he doesn't want my 7+ because of its size.
Consider the 12 Mini (or 13 Mini since its nearly that time of year again). I got one, and altough I m still getting used to hardware differences (no home button) generally I find the smaller size (than the 6/7/8/SE series) but larger screen, to be perfect. I didnt want a phone the size of a dinner plate, either
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:52 PM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The iPhone SE is a solid choice as well. It is the same size as iPhone 6, has Touch ID so there would be nothing to adjust to, except that it is much faster, wireless charging, and better camera.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:01 PM   #9
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Well, hubby decided he wanted my 2 year old iPad Pro because of the speakers and the larger screen size, so we ordered a new one for me. Should be in stock and ready to pick up on Sunday.

His year old iPad will move to the kitchen, and my original iPad Air with 16gb will be out of a job I guess. I may give it to our daughter for running Netflix etc.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote