Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-16-2021, 04:10 PM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
ios 14.5.1 seems to have broken OPDS

Since ios 14.5.1, none of my apps can find the Calibre OPDS. I know it is there because Bookfusion downloads properly. Is there a new setting I need to know about?
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:47 AM   #2
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
On both my iPhone/iPad running iOS/iPadOS 14.5.1, my MapleRead SE app can still scan and discover the Calibre ODPS server on my home network.

Check that your app has been granted access to your local network in Settings > Privacy > Local Network.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 07:26 AM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
That's odd. I have no problem using CC to connect to Calibre in either content server mode or wireless mode. Check to make sure you are still on the same local network.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 09:52 AM   #4
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Really odd. All are set up in Privacy. CC works (but I'm again trying to get rid of it). Marvin works - but it only loads epubs. GoodReader cannot find the server (and it is my preferred pdf reader). And MapleRead as of this am works! Guess I'll load into MapleRead and transfer to GoodReader.

Thanks for your help.
Old 05-18-2021, 11:38 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Just a thought, why not use the normal website version instead of OPDS and bookmark it in GoodReader?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 10:41 AM   #6
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Just a thought, why not use the normal website version instead of OPDS and bookmark it in GoodReader?
Two reasons.
Calibre changes the content server address every time I turn it on and I have to enter it every time in GoodReader.

There is no good browse feature when I try to find a book. I go to my library, choose a category which may have a hundred books in it - only one of which I want to download, and it shows all the books - even if I find a book it takes a really long time to download.

If I can't get OPDS to work, it will be easier to use OPDS on MapleRead and then transfer it to Goodreader. The problem with that method is that pdfs don't always transfer to GoodReader in a readable form (although it does for probably 95% of them).

I've probably missed something really simple, appreciate your thoughts.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:07 AM   #7
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Two reasons.
Calibre changes the content server address every time I turn it on and I have to enter it every time in GoodReader..
Are you not able to allocate a permanent address for your content server? I don’t know what control you have over your internet.. but thats what I have done.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 10:32 AM   #8
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Are you not able to allocate a permanent address for your content server? I don’t know what control you have over your internet.. but thats what I have done.
I have no idea how to do that. I'll do some research and see if I can figure it out. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.