Notices

Old 03-16-2019, 07:45 AM   #1
britesc
Not Cool Just Blind
britesc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 10
Question Goto First, Goto Last

Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a method of easily moving to the top of the listing and likewise the bottom.
I am disabled and holding the mouse button down on the scrollbar usually means I hop out, click a title and get a page I didn't want.
If the facility does not exist, how can I make a request for this to be included in a future release?
Thanks and kind regards,
jB
britesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:24 AM   #2
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Ctrl-Home and Ctrl-End are the keys that jump to top and bottom of the list. Not sure if they can be redefined or if they will work for you.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2019, 11:38 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by britesc View Post
Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a method of easily moving to the top of the listing and likewise the bottom.
I am disabled and holding the mouse button down on the scrollbar usually means I hop out, click a title and get a page I didn't want.
If the facility does not exist, how can I make a request for this to be included in a future release?
Thanks and kind regards,
jB
Moderator Notice
Please read and heed the stickies before posting in Development

In addition to the keystrokes listed by Late

Right click in the side scroll bars: Top and Bottom
the bottom scroll bar has similar actions.
I think this comes from the QT packag, as it exists for some other apps
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 04:44 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
Ctrl-Home and Ctrl-End are the keys that jump to top and bottom of the list. Not sure if they can be redefined or if they will work for you.
AFAIK: Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End for Top and Bottom of list are fixed and pretty much universal, so much so that MS appears to have forgotten to list them here

@britesc - if you're using Windows, another shortcut that might bother you is calibre's default setting of Ctrl+Esc to give focus to the book list, which is also used peremptorily by Windows as an alternative shortcut for popping the Start menu. You can change this in Preferences->Shortcuts->Miscellaneous->Focus the book list.

BTW - the JobSpy plugin has a tool to display all the keyboard shortcut settings in a sortable list.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-16-2019 at 05:21 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:21 PM   #5
britesc
Not Cool Just Blind
britesc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 10
Thumbs up SOLVED

Thank you to all those that replied.
Ctrl Home and Ctrl End work for me...
And no having to look for buttons either.
Kind regards,
jB

britesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
scroll contents screen