Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
New Source for Free Romance Novels

http://allromanceebooks.com/
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
tcjuice
tcjuice began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Thanks for the link!!
tcjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I just started reading. Not romance - pretty hard core. If you like that sort of thing. Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
This really isn't my bag, but I do have a good friend who eats this type of stuff up. I'll pass it on to her.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Canton View Post
This really isn't my bag, but I do have a good friend who eats this type of stuff up. I'll pass it on to her.
Oh ok, I confess to have read one or the other romance novel over the years. So this free offer attracted me. But folks, you have to give away your home phone number and your street address for just some free books. Not for me. Oh no!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #6
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
My home phone number is (111) 111-1111 and my adress is

111 you don't need to know
nowhere, la.

Yes, it works.

I don't give my info away unless they need it, and if I'm not buying anything, they don't need it. They shouldn't even be asking in my opinion.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #7
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Oh, but you can get adult freebies from Samhain Publishing without having to sign up.

http://thesamhellion.com/

If you get the 16 harlequin books from here you don't have to sign up either

http://www.eharlequin.com/store.html?cid=1317
Old 02-08-2009, 04:18 AM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Thanks (They're for my wife, really. I do not read that stuff. No, I don't)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:58 AM   #9
cmbs
non-believer

You're welcome.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Thanks (They're for my wife, really. I do not read that stuff. No, I don't)
Me thinks he doth protest too much.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:18 PM   #11
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Me thinks he doth protest too much.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #12
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I downloaded a lot of the freebies and the vast majority were horribly formatted. All of the epub downloads were unreadable. They load just fine but whoever did the conversion did not look at the output. It looks like scanned pages run through an OCR program with all paragraphs removed and extra info from the page (numbers, book title, author) at the start of each break. The mobi files had a scanned page of text first and then the regular text followed. The pdfs had to converted to .txt before they would load. The html files were in the best shape but still weren't all that great.

I ended up deleting most of the books because the formatting was so bad.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #13
cmbs
non-believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I downloaded a lot of the freebies and the vast majority were horribly formatted. All of the epub downloads were unreadable. They load just fine but whoever did the conversion did not look at the output. It looks like scanned pages run through an OCR program with all paragraphs removed and extra info from the page (numbers, book title, author) at the start of each break. The mobi files had a scanned page of text first and then the regular text followed. The pdfs had to converted to .txt before they would load. The html files were in the best shape but still weren't all that great.

I ended up deleting most of the books because the formatting was so bad.
What books are you talking about?