Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-02-2021, 09:23 AM   #76
Harukiya
Harukiya began at the beginning.

Device: Libra H20
Hi, I just registered to thank you for the hard work. Im about to enter a shop to buy a new ereader and I was serching in the forums wich one should i buy to read manga. I was between libra h2o or one with Android. This is one nice timming. I'll go for the Libra.

Thanks!
Harukiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 10:27 AM   #77
Aramir
Enthusiast
Aramir began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O & Glo & Glo HD
Hello,

So I'm new to the whole world of ereader and recently got hold of a Kobo Libra h2o.
I installed the OCP package including Plato, KoReader, NickelMenu, etc (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ight=libra+h2o) without any problems. But the UMR 2.5.0-beta installation process doesn't seem to trigger. I extract the files on my kobo but nothing happens upon disconnection, no reboot, no additional input in my "NickelMenu", nothing. Is there a script I can manually call to trigger the installation ? And if so how to do so ?
Aramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2021, 10:43 AM   #78
kiwilex
kiwilex began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi Aramir,

I have looked at the 2.5beta zip file and there is only qt and umr folder, so I think you should add the following line to nm config as stated by OfficerAction:

menu_item :main :Ultimate Manga Reader :cmd_spawn :quiet:/mnt/onboard/.adds/UltimateMangaReader/ultimatemangareader.sh

You could check nm configuration documentation here https://github.com/pgaskin/NickelMen...master/res/doc
kiwilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:03 AM   #79
Aramir
Enthusiast

Thanks for the nm documentation.

your line worked perfectly, UMR is now launching. I had to tweak the touchscreen settings to make it work correctly on the h2o ( touchscreen_rotate=0:touchscreen_invert_x=1:touchs creen_invert_y=1 ).

Is there a way to rotate the UI too ? For now every UI bit is displayed in "landscape mode" despite me holding the ereader in "portrait mode" (mangas are displayed in the correct orientation).
Old 01-02-2021, 11:22 AM   #80
kiwilex
kiwilex began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
In my configuration for portrait mode, I launch with the following arguments
export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=kobo:touchscreen_rotate=90:touchsc reen_invert_x=0:touchscreen_invert_y=0:logicaldpit arget=300
kiwilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2021, 11:37 AM   #81
Aramir
Enthusiast

I figured it out.... like explained in the previous page /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate controles the screen rotation (duh). Therefore the correct configuration for my libra h2o in portrait mode is :

export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=kobo:touchscreen_rotate=90:touchsc reen_invert_x=0:touchscreen_invert_y=0:logicaldpit arget=300

echo 4 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate
Old 01-02-2021, 12:04 PM   #82
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
4 is an invalid FB_ROTATE constant.

With a bit of luck, the kernel handles the wraparound for you, which means it actually uses 0 here. And 0 should already be Nickel's default state on a Libra.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:20 PM   #83
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerAction View Post
It's quite possible to add other websites as sources, but it is also quite some work. If you want to try it I can give you some hints on how to approach it
I'm an ancient web developer so I know my HTML. I guess you have to strip html until you got to the image and you create a regex rule to to change to the next panel? If you show me the ropes, I think I can help you
Mercador is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:23 PM   #84
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harukiya View Post
Hi, I just registered to thank you for the hard work. Im about to enter a shop to buy a new ereader and I was serching in the forums wich one should i buy to read manga. I was between libra h2o or one with Android. This is one nice timming. I'll go for the Libra.

Thanks!
I would go larger if you can (Forma) as sometimes an image is a two-pages panel that you have to turn at 90 degrees.

That gives me an idea; would it be possible to evaluate the width of the image to auto-rotate the image?
Mercador is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 07:52 PM   #85
pina
pina began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
thanks for the great work.

I have an issue though; I can't find a way to adjust the light and the color temperature? It`s very dark now. I could bring up the menu once by accident, but now I can't find it anymore... I thought it was pressing swiping on the top of the screen but it just doesn't work
pina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:08 PM   #86
pina
pina began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pina View Post
thanks for the great work.

I have an issue though; I can't find a way to adjust the light and the color temperature? It`s very dark now. I could bring up the menu once by accident, but now I can't find it anymore... I thought it was pressing swiping on the top of the screen but it just doesn't work
Solved that one, you can only change it in a manga.

Is there a possibility that the menu will appear when you tap in the middle of the
screen, just like the default behaviour in kobo?

I also tried to download several chapters but none of them seems to work. Tried all the sources, different mangas but the download queue remains 0 without any progress
pina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 05:20 PM   #87
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pina View Post
I also tried to download several chapters but none of them seems to work. Tried all the sources, different mangas but the download queue remains 0 without any progress
Thats very strange, it works for me. Did you make sure it's not because of your connection, or your storage is nearly full?
If you can read it normally then the downloader should also work, as it uses the same mechanism.

It wont work for Mangapanda, their website is down currently.
OfficerAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 05:22 PM   #88
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
I would go larger if you can (Forma) as sometimes an image is a two-pages panel that you have to turn at 90 degrees.

That gives me an idea; would it be possible to evaluate the width of the image to auto-rotate the image?
Not sure what you mean.
The wide pages like double pages are rotated 90 degrees so the whole screen gets used. But you can disable that in the options if you want.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:36 AM   #89
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
I'm an ancient web developer so I know my HTML. I guess you have to strip html until you got to the image and you create a regex rule to to change to the next panel? If you show me the ropes, I think I can help you
You can take a look at the code for example for the mangapanda interface. There is a good chance you can just copy and paste most of it and just change the names, urls and regexes. You would have to find regexes to find a list of all available mangas and their urls. Then info about it like author, genre, summary and a chaper list. And finally a regex to get a pagelist from the chapterlink.
Apart from that you just have to add an icon to the resources (for the interface) and add another line in ultimatemangareadercore.cpp file, adding your mangasource analog to the other ones.

It really depends on the webiste though, some have obfuscation for the image urls, witch can make things more complicated.
Old 01-17-2021, 01:25 PM   #90
dem1980fr
Enthusiast
dem1980fr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
In ultimatemangareader.sh you have the line
Quote:
export QTPATH=${ADDSPATH}/qt-linux-5.15.1-kobo
Do we have to update to
Quote:
export QTPATH=${ADDSPATH}/qt-linux-5.15.2-kobo
Because in github we have in 2.4.0 and 2.5.0 the version qt-linux-5.15.2-kobo.
Thank you
dem1980fr is offline   Reply With Quote