Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-14-2016, 09:59 PM   #1
Pyjam
Zealot
Pyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kindle Voyage
Question Calculated duration

I would like to add a column: a duration (format h:mm) that is the number of words (#words) divided by 300 in minutes.

Could you help me. Thank you.
Pyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:36 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyjam View Post
I would like to add a column: a duration (format h:mm) that is the number of words (#words) divided by 300 in minutes.

@Pyjam - I have this for video duration, I think you'd need 'hh mm' in the format.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	149419

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2016, 05:10 AM   #3
Pyjam
Zealot
Pyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Thanks for your help. I have two problems:

1) When a column is based upon another column, I see no place where to input a specific format.

2) I don't know the formula for the the division and the conversion of type.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:50 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:

What you want to do pushes the template language to its limits. It isn't designed to do complicated floating point arithmetic such as floor and round, and it doesn't have the notion of "duration".

That said, the following General Program Mode (GPM) template works for me. Since we don't have the duration type we must calculate the parts manually. Since we don't have the "floor" function, the template does the equivalent with string processing to chop off the fractional part from "hours". Fortuitously the number formatter does rounding so we don't need to do that manually when calculating the total minutes as an integer.
Code:
program:
	total = format_number(divide(raw_field('#words'), 300), '{0:.0f}');
	hours = re(divide(total, 60), '\..*', '');
	minutes = subtract(total, multiply(hours, 60));
	strcat(hours, ':', format_number(minutes, '{0:02d}'))
For template function documentation see Reference for all built-in template language functions
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:58 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ - wot 'e sed

@Pyjam - aaah - you'll need to use the template language, see ==>> The calibre template language Template language is not something in which I have much expertise. I can give some hints though.

I would try doing the arithmetic to get hours and minutes as two discrete integers using then divide function, and then use the format-number and strcat functions to create a string that is the column value.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-15-2016 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Ninja'd by the expert
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2016, 06:45 AM   #6
Pyjam
Zealot

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, the columns show the formulae, not the values!
Old 06-15-2016, 06:51 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, the columns show the formulae, not the values!
Then you have not entered the template correctly.

The easiest way to edit composite column (column built from other columns) templates is to edit them on the main book list. Click on any cell in the composite column, press F2 (or whatever Edit is on your OS), and paste the template into the resulting editor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.png
Views:	140
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	149421  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:02 AM   #8
Pyjam
Zealot

Thanks for your patience. I'd not understood: I'd created separate columns for total, hours, minutes, and final result.

It works very well now. Thank you.