Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-14-2014, 08:41 AM   #1
oldbwl
Zealot
oldbwl doesn't litteroldbwl doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300
Adding Metadata - Workflow question

As a long time user of Calibre I have a question which has been niggling me for ages but I have been too lazy to ask about. I am using Linux Mint 17.1 with Calibre 2.12

In my set up I have selected to download only comments and covers Metadata.

When I click to download the metadata for a single book, as expected I am presented with a table to select from the list of titles found. There are four buttons, Next, View Log, Cancel, OK.

Next takes me to the next part of the downloads ie the cover. View Log works as expected as does cancel. But OK does not. I would expect the process to halt and populate with the information already gathered and selected. But instead it goes to Download covers, in other words OK works in the exact same way as Next.

I presume I am missing something here as I don't see this query has arisen before yet millions of peeps will have seen this.

Regards

Last edited by oldbwl; 12-14-2014 at 08:49 AM.
oldbwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:36 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Double click OK to see the difference to Next.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2014, 10:28 AM   #3
oldbwl
Zealot

Well, that is in essence what I was doing, the 1st click (no matter how fast you click) takes you the Next download screen, clicking the second time just selects the existing image if there is one and cancels the process at that time. OK, it is not important, I suppose a fair bit of work would be needed to make one click do the same thing and it is afterall only an extra click....

Regards
Old 12-14-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One click deliberately does not do that, because when it did I got lots of complaints from people that did not expect clicking OK to close the dialog.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:51 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Maybe "Finish" would be more appropriate than "OK". It's a wizard of sorts, so finish says you can stop now rather than going to the next step.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2014, 09:13 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The problem with doing that is that people are used to clicking on that button and not having the dialog close, many of them wont notice that the button text has changed.

Really, to make that work the entire button row will have to be redesigned to make it radically different from what it is now, probably splitting the button groups, keeping only next on the right and moving the rest to the left.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Here, I got rid of the Next button, which should at least prevent people from being confused about why there exist two buttons that do (almost) the same thing.

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...c5043ee6c5a3af
Old 12-15-2014, 02:58 AM   #8
oldbwl
Zealot

That is a neat solution.

Nice

regards