Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
T_K
T_K began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage/ Sony DPT-S1
Sony DPT-S1 Battery Life

Hello fellow DPT-S1 owners,

I just got my Sony DPT-S1 last week and fully charged the device before use. The battery lasted for 7 days and completely drained. I use the device for a maximum of 1-2 hours each day. I leave the device in sleep mode without powering it off whenever I'm not using it.

Is the battery supposed to drain this quickly only after 7 days? I thought it would last for at least a couple of weeks according to the instruction manual (and as per other similar devices). Or do I have to switch the device off completely for it to have a 2-3 week battery life?
T_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Which similar devices?
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #3
T_K
T_K began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage/ Sony DPT-S1
Touche..."Similar" E-ink devices

I forgot to mention that the Wi-fi has been off the entire time.

I DID however have "Wireless Standby" set to off. Heeding the manual's advice, I've now turned it back to on. Will report back on the result after 7 days.

In the meantime, any input from other members are much appreciated!

Last edited by T_K; 12-02-2014 at 11:44 AM.
T_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #4
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
I don't have the S1. But I have two of the "similars", the T1 and the T3. Both seems to have two modi - one that draws energy (wherein the eReader displays the cover) and one which displays the white screen. The first mode I believe it's like StandBy, the other one is more like PowerOff. I don't know which "blocks" are active in StandBy, but within a week or two any of my Sonies will shutdown, if left in StandBy.

I believe S1 behaves the same.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote