Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 03-28-2020, 03:57 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you dont like the fuzzy search mode dont use it, normal will be restored to what it always was, in the next release.

Personally, I love to be able to search for "some words" and have it find them even if there is a line break between the words. Or search for "don't" and find it even if in the actual text a typographical quote is used for the apostrophe.

When I need to do precise searches, I use regex mode, that's what it is there for, but whatever floats your boat, I am all about giving people options
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:07 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you dont like the fuzzy search mode dont use it, normal will be restored to what it always was, in the next release.

Personally, I love to be able to search for "some words" and have it find them even if there is a line break between the words. Or search for "don't" and find it even if in the actual text a typographical quote is used for the apostrophe.

When I need to do precise searches, I use regex mode, that's what it is there for, but whatever floats your boat, I am all about giving people options
I just realised I misinterpreted your statement. Restoring the old normal search and adding another search type works for me. I don't actually use the normal search much, mainly when I can't be bothered escaping characters. Or when I'm trying to work out why the regex didn't work.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:15 AM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I'd mostly only use Editing for CSS, I'd edit the actual book, if major edit needed, in a wordprocessor.
And I do use regex in the WP to find errors the eye tends to skip when proofing, such as incorrect quotes, missing spaces, comma & stop mixed up.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:49 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I agree and am doing the same. I often search for characters with redundant spaces in the editor, or even spaces only, to remove them. Now I would be unable to do so, if I updated.
I do like to remove line spaces in the code doing a search for a double return and replace with a single return. When I remove some lines form the CSS, I also include the line end so I don't have line spaces.

When the code has needs cleaning up because it's messily formatted, normal search gets used. Can't use it now. I was hoping we'd get a 4.13.1 version as (I think) this is a rather serious change that needs to be undone. I can see a lot of people who use the editor messing up their eBooks because normal search doesn't work correctly.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:14 AM   #20
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:

Thank you. You're the best, as always.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 04:22 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

When can we expect the next version of Calibre with the fuzzy search mode? I'm finding I sometimes need the fix to the shift selection and would appreciate the new version. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:20 AM   #22
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When can we expect the next version of Calibre with the fuzzy search mode? I'm finding I sometimes need the fix to the shift selection and would appreciate the new version. Thanks.

I would like to ask this as well. Forgetting myself and trying to replace double spaces with single spaces in Normal Search and ending up with a big mess is very annoying.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 07:28 AM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
probably next week.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 04:31 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
probably next week.
Thanks.
Old 04-17-2020, 04:32 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
I would like to ask this as well. Forgetting myself and trying to replace double spaces with single spaces in Normal Search and ending up with a big mess is very annoying.
You can do what I did. I want back to 4.12 and I'm skipping 4.13.