Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #16
JLius
Village idiot
JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS T-1
I was having trouble with spaces in between tags, e.g

Code:
<p class="P-P27" id="calibre_pb_3"><span class="S-T">1. Title of chapter</span>*</p>
Notice the space between </span> and </p>.

I just couldn't match the search on this - it just worked till the </span>, it failed when I tried to include the </p>

After some googling, I did this:

Code:
<p class="P-P27" id="calibre_pb_3"><span class="S-T">(.+?)</span>\s</p>
And eventually replaced it with this:

Code:
<h1>\1</h1>
Is this sound?
JLius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLius View Post

Notice the space between </span> and </p>.

I just couldn't match the search on this - it just worked till the </span>, it failed when I tried to include the </p>

After some googling, I did this:

Code:
<p class="P-P27" id="calibre_pb_3"><span class="S-T">(.+?)</span>\s*</p>
The * after the \s makes the space optional (\s*)
use a + if there must be 1 or more
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:55 PM   #18
JLius
Village idiot
JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS T-1
Thank you!
JLius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:10 AM   #19
toothpicz
toothpicz will become famous soon enoughtoothpicz will become famous soon enoughtoothpicz will become famous soon enoughtoothpicz will become famous soon enoughtoothpicz will become famous soon enoughtoothpicz will become famous soon enough

Device: Calibre, FBreader(android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
All escapes are \
So then "\1" refers to keeping all the digits?
What if my titles are alphabets? eg: One, Two... ? Is there a way to keep my original text then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
BTW bold is no longer needed when changing from P to H#
By default: H# tags are already BOLD
Ahhh. That's why davidfor said to remove the bold tag. Thanks!
toothpicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #20
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
\1 in replace will take the place of whatever regular expression was first in find.

Example
Find
Chapter (.+?)

Replace
-CHAPTER \1-

Will give you -CHAPTER 1- replacing Chapter 1, -CHAPTER 2- replacing Chapter 2 and so on. What it gives you depends on the regular expression. If it is ([a-z]) it will give you a lower case letter. If it is ([0-9]) it will give you a single number.

You can have a series of them and so the second expressions capture would be output by \2.

You don't have to use what is found, so you can just use \2 without \1.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothpicz View Post
So then "\1" refers to keeping all the digits?
What if my titles are alphabets? eg: One, Two... ? Is there a way to keep my original text then?
Read this, the editor uses the same REGEX (this is what got through my thick skull and got me using REGEX)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118569
Old 05-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #22
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

100% with theducks. There is NOTHING regular about regular expressions, except it regularly gives you headaches. Sigil regex is not the same as calibre regex, which is not the same as .....!

BTW be very careful that if your search expression contains a period, you are not set to regex. Period means something in regex beyond just a period, unless it is prefaced with a \. You will get interesting or hair-tearing results...I know. I have.

Last edited by mrmikel; 05-11-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:52 AM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
100% with theducks. There is NOTHING regular about regular expressions, except it regularly gives you headaches. Sigil regex is not the same as calibre regex, which is not the same as .....!

BTW be very careful that if your search expression contains a period, you are not set to regex. Period means something in regex beyond just a period, unless it is prefaced with a \. You will get interesting or hair-tearing results...I know. I have.
Calibre editor routinely escapes those for you if you find selected text (ctrl-F) to populate the search box
Old 05-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #24
mrmikel
Color me gone

I didn't know that. I will have to try the shortcut. Save me some steps and headaches.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:49 AM   #25
cager
Connoisseur
cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: none
Thanks, and thanks again, to all who have made comments and extended the original query.
I have found this very useful and instructive. All I need now is the time to experiment.
cager is offline   Reply With Quote