Notices

Old 06-11-2021, 01:32 PM   #1
Lauraq
Connoisseur
Lauraq began at the beginning.

Device: not one
Wikipedia language and a question

Hi

could you tell me which search string should I put in Look & Feel->Book Details to search on Wikipedia Italy?

And, why if I search, for example Woody Allen, a page opens with a Woody Allen who is not the actor, how can I always make the page open with all the existing Woody Allen?
Thank you
Lauraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:30 PM   #2
Lauraq
Connoisseur

up please
Old 06-19-2021, 02:47 AM   #3
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraq View Post
And, why if I search, for example Woody Allen, a page opens with a Woody Allen who is not the actor, how can I always make the page open with all the existing Woody Allen?
Search for "Woody Allen actor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraq View Post
could you tell me which search string should I put in Look & Feel->Book Details to search on Wikipedia Italy?
I recommend this plugin:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118758

My customization:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura.PNG
Views:	19
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	187748  
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 02:54 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The search for Wikipedia is:

Code:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search={author}
Changing the language in the URL should be enough:

Code:
https://it.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search=
For the other part, this is a search. You would need to use more a direct link to the author page. But, calibre encodes the value for a search and that probably won't work with a Wikipedia page.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 07:34 AM   #5
Lauraq
Connoisseur

thanks jbacelar...I have installed the plugin but crashed Calibre when I click on Setting

davidfor...
https://it.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search={author} is perfect

thankssss