Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-13-2019, 08:54 PM   #1
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
upper and lowercase file names

I've been going around in circles all day today trying to figure out why my css wasn't working. When I added a style sheet (right clicking on the Styles folder) to the empty epub file that Sigil creates when you start it, in the xhtml file I typed in the link line, or I copied and pasted the link line from another file and then changed the name of the css file. All this time I never noticed that the name in the href= was style0001.css while the file's name was Style0001.css. It seems like sometimes it was working but I wouldn't swear to that; maybe it did work when I previewed it in Calibre's viewer.

Anyhow, when I tried to use Sigil's rename command (right clicking on the file in the Book Browser) and tried to rename it from Style0001.css to style0001.css it wouldn't let me and complained that the name was "already in use." Could that be fixed? Or is it a Windows wart? If it's a Windows wart maybe rename it to some gibberish name first then rename it to the final name.

Question: is there a way to make Sigil open the epub in Book Browser rather than the Table Of Contents?
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:18 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
I've been going around in circles all day today trying to figure out why my css wasn't working. When I added a style sheet (right clicking on the Styles folder) to the empty epub file that Sigil creates when you start it, in the xhtml file I typed in the link line, or I copied and pasted the link line from another file and then changed the name of the css file. All this time I never noticed that the name in the href= was style0001.css while the file's name was Style0001.css. It seems like sometimes it was working but I wouldn't swear to that; maybe it did work when I previewed it in Calibre's viewer.

Anyhow, when I tried to use Sigil's rename command (right clicking on the file in the Book Browser) and tried to rename it from Style0001.css to style0001.css it wouldn't let me and complained that the name was "already in use." Could that be fixed? Or is it a Windows wart? If it's a Windows wart maybe rename it to some gibberish name first then rename it to the final name.
Windows wart. It takes two separate renames to go from Style0001.css to style0001.css in any Windows rename situation. I'm not really interested in trying to work around that particular OS behavior. Every Windows user eventually comes to terms with it in just about every piece of Windows software (including the standard file explorer) everywhere.

Quote:
Question: is there a way to make Sigil open the epub in Book Browser rather than the Table Of Contents?
Do you have the Book Browser widget and the ToC widget tabbed together in the same dock areas? You close Sigil with the Book Browser tab showing, but the ToC tab is active when you next open Sigil? Or do you mean something else?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-14-2019 at 05:21 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2019, 09:30 PM   #3
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Do you have the Book Browser widget and the ToC widget tabbed together in the same dock areas? You close Sigil with the Book Browser tab showing, but the ToC tab is active when you next open Sigil? Or do you mean something else?
Thanks, that was it. I'm such a mossback, I rarely think about rearranging tabs like that. Now I have the TOC below the Book Browser.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:35 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Thanks, that was it. I'm such a mossback, I rarely think about rearranging tabs like that. Now I have the TOC below the Book Browser.
No. It's not just you. There is a longstanding issue with the state of tabbed dockwidgets not being properly restored. You've discovered the workaround (the last widget added to the tabbed configuration is the one that is active whenever Sigil opens), but that's not how it should behave. Regardless of which one's on top, or which one was added last, the tab that was active when Sigil closes should be the one that's active when Sigil opens. It's a pet-peeve bug that I've been looking to resolve for a while now.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote