Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-15-2019, 10:31 AM   #16
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Only Sigil ini files are impacted and if you backed up the ini files as directed in the Sigil 0.9.11 release annoucement, also here in MR, and on the Sigil website, you have no worries. Simply drop back to Sigil 0.9.9 or Sigil 0.9.10 and copy in your backed up ini files.

Alternatively if you have not specialized your ini settings much, you have no worries either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
I should never have violated my second rule of the internet: don't upgrade until you must!

Damn, damn, damn. I don't even know (or much care) what's an ini file, though I see I have one in my most recent build of WordStar.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:43 AM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Damn, damn, damn. I don't even know (or much care) what's an ini file, though I see I have one in my most recent build of WordStar.
That's where all of your Sigil preferences are stored. If you don't have a lot of custom Saved Searches, Clips, an extensive Preserve Entities list or heavily modified Keyboard Shortcuts, then wiping them out will merely mean you'll have to resize a few widgets and maybe adjust a few of Sigil's appearance preferences to get things back the way you're used to seeing it. Maybe reassign plugins to your 5 shortcut buttons. Things like your recently-opened list, or recent searches/replaces would be starting over, though.

NOTE: the keyboard shortcuts section of the Sigil.ini file ([shortcuts] to size=xxx) should be able to be safely copied from any current or backed up version of Sigil.ini.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2019, 12:14 PM   #18
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
I should never have violated my second rule of the internet: don't upgrade until you must! ...
Curiosity is getting the better of me: What's your first rule of the internet?
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:09 PM   #19
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
@DiapDealer, I'm noticing a 0.9.13 tag but no corresponding version updates to the CMakeLists.txt. Is there a release planned very very soon?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:17 PM   #20
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes, hopefully before the weekend or sooner to get something more stable out there for people to use. The CMakeLists.txt file had already been updated to 0.9.13 in preparation for the last two weeks or so while DiapDealer has fought with Windows issues that did not happen in macOS or linux.

Last edited by KevinH; 03-20-2019 at 07:19 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2019, 07:30 PM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
@DiapDealer, I'm noticing a 0.9.13 tag but no corresponding version updates to the CMakeLists.txt. Is there a release planned very very soon?
Yes. Very very soon. The version in the main CMakeLists.txt files was updated to 0.9.13 nearly 2 weeks ago when we were almost ready to release, but ran into a snag.

Whoops! Too slow!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:39 PM   #22
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Oh, haha. Indeed. Anyway now the assets are up I can go build new packages.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:50 PM   #23
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
I upgraded from Legacy .12 to .13; everything seems to be working. UI settings for font, views, plugins the same. Saved clips and searches also as before. Guess I didn't have any Unicode symbols in my ini files.

Thanks for keeping this patched.
I will back up the ini settings before next upgrade. I used to copy the program folder when I did that and delete it after I made sure the new version worked (ignoring the ini files). Ini files are small enough that keeping backups of them indefinitely has no cost.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:22 AM   #24
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Used 0.9.13 for a few hours yesterday. No problems to report. Thank you!
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:39 AM   #25
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Curiosity is getting the better of me: What's your first rule of the internet?
If I can't get it working in fifteen minutes, I chuck it as not worth doing.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:45 PM   #26
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
If I can't get it working in fifteen minutes, I chuck it as not worth doing.
Lucky I don't take that attitude to my piano practice!
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote