Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-12-2014, 03:38 AM   #1
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Minor issue calibre 2.3: splash screen text has background collor

I just about missed it but, since 2.x, I noticed that the splash screen text now seems to have a background color where it used to be opaque. New Qt5 behavior I suppose?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CalibreFinding.png
Views:	212
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	128212  
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:50 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Tangentially related - because DrChiper's post reminded me:

And since 2.2 the ctrl/home and end keys work perfectly, for me at least, and according to my definition of perfect - fanx.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2014, 03:59 AM   #3
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well Qt5 gives and takes, I suppose.
For my part, it took some time to get used to some new windows decorations like below. I firstly did not related them to the close-cross.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CalibreFinding.png
Views:	182
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	128213  
Old 09-12-2014, 04:14 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That is deliberate, so that the text is visible even if the background is dark. Ideally, I would have liked to change the text color based on the background, but I dont know of anyway to get the background color behind the splash screen.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:37 AM   #5
DrChiper
Bookish

Hmm, well its a long time ago I did something with X-windows where Qt had its roots, but I do remember that there used to be some widget (desktop?) from which you could inherit properties about the underlying system environment.
That said: unless one is a purist, I think it hardly justifies the effort to make it work for the above mentioned trivial issue.
Advert