Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-13-2021, 09:13 PM   #1
Kareem Al-mahdy
Kareem Al-mahdy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 6th generation
Exclamation nook glowlight plus white screen !

hello guys ..
please i need your help.
i rooted my nook glowlight plus 7.8 inch 10 days ago.
and i try to remove some system files yesterday .. and after deleted the device is still working good.
but today i make reset .. after reset device won't open again !
it has a white screen, when i open it, screen refreshing but still white ..
and i can't connected to computer to reset it manually because it need to approve from nook screen to turn on usb.
i don't know what can i do, i try a lot of ways to reset it soft by hold the power button 20 sec .. and more ways, but nothing happens !.
help me please.
Kareem Al-mahdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 05:58 AM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem Al-mahdy View Post
hello guys ..
please i need your help.
i rooted my nook glowlight plus 7.8 inch 10 days ago.
and i try to remove some system files yesterday .. and after deleted the device is still working good.
but today i make reset .. after reset device won't open again !
it has a white screen, when i open it, screen refreshing but still white ..
and i can't connected to computer to reset it manually because it need to approve from nook screen to turn on usb.
i don't know what can i do, i try a lot of ways to reset it soft by hold the power button 20 sec .. and more ways, but nothing happens !.
help me please.
Try plugging it into a charger and let it charge overnight?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 09:47 AM   #3
Kareem Al-mahdy

yes i did.
i think the problem is maybe system file deleted, if i can connect it on my computer maybe i can fix it, but to do that i need give the computer permission from the nook screen, but the nook screen not response.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:02 PM   #4
Ryzir
Connoisseur
Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Nook GL3, Kobo H2O, Nook STG, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500
You can still use ADB without giving permission to transfer files over USB.

edit: I'm not sure if ADB will get root permission without confirmation on the nook.

edit#2: Even without root you should be able to ADB push a firmware file to /sdcard and it should automatically install when the nook sleeps.
Firmware 5.3.67 download

Last edited by Ryzir; 11-14-2021 at 02:42 PM.
Ryzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 04:37 PM   #5
Kareem Al-mahdy

but nook glowlight plus 7.8 doesn't accept sdcard .. hasn't sdcard slot
Old 11-14-2021, 06:16 PM   #6
Ryzir
Connoisseur
Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Ryzir solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Nook GL3, Kobo H2O, Nook STG, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500
There is a partition on the internal drive labeled sdcard.
Ryzir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook glowlight plus