Notices

Old 06-01-2021, 03:53 AM   #1
abraum
Enthusiast
abraum began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet
Moon+Reader and tables

Hi,

does Moon+Reader support tables? if not is there an alternative in html that i can use instead of tables?

I don't want to use an other reader because no reader has so mutch other features than the moon+reader.
abraum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 08:06 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
If you are on an android then I think you are stuck with Moon+...it is notorious for non-support and forcing it's own css over the publisher's. I am not sure of it's support of Tables.

If you are on iOS then there are several better options... My personal favorite is Marvin. Even though it hasn't been updated in a while it is almost perfect as is....
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 08:24 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I use Lithium on Android (6.x and 8.x) except for my eink Andriod that uses koreader. It's downloaded direct as an APK.
My ancient Android 4.x phone uses Aldiko Classic as Lithium isn't available.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 06:10 PM   #4
Dyspeptica
Enthusiast
Dyspeptica began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
"If you are on an android then I think you are stuck with Moon+..."

Most ereaders just don't do tables! On Android try eboox. It has a seriously weird book handling/library, but it does tables.

Personally, I like fbReader but it does not do tables.

"If you are on iOS then there are several better options... My personal favorite is Marvin. Even though it hasn't been updated in a while it is almost perfect as is...."

Having tried a number of apps, Marvin is the only one which does tables.
Dyspeptica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 07:08 AM   #5
abraum
Enthusiast
abraum began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet
I use Reasily on android. can display ALL kind of epubs
abraum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 06:27 PM   #6
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by abraum View Post
I don't want to use an other reader because no reader has so mutch other features than the moon+reader.
What essential features does Moon+ have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
If you are on an android then I think you are stuck with Moon+...it is notorious for non-support and forcing it's own css over the publisher's. I am not sure of it's support of Tables.
Moon+ Reader is horrible. I've written about why many times over the years. Some reasons:
  • No <table>s
  • No SVG
  • Completely overriding publisher CSS
    • Breaking essential formatting like poetry + scenebreaks.
  • Locking Text-to-Speech (TTS) behind paywall.

PocketBook Reader is fantastic... and actually follows the EPUB standards (not breaking ebooks) while also giving you tons of customizability.

They also don't hide key functionality behind a paid version.

There also used to be the great Gitden Reader, although I think that one recently got taken down. (I believe the owner/creator had medical issues.)

You could probably still grab an old APK, although it was getting a little buggier on newer versions of Android. (Like some text/highlight glitches due to "the notch".)

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 11-04-2021 at 06:31 PM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 01:39 PM   #7
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
PocketBook Reader is fantastic... and actually follows the EPUB standards (not breaking ebooks) while also giving you tons of customizability.
I wonder who recommended it to you PocketBook is a great ereader that has TWO rendering engines: Legacy RMSDK (ADE 2.x) and WebKit.

But nowadays, Reasily displays ebooks as well, if not better (por example, it has popup footnotes/endnotes), than PocketBook. Regreatably Reasily doesn't have TTS and it can't hyphen the text, but otherwise, it has a fantastic support por css3 and epub3 (it uses a more modern version of webkit than PocketBook).

And Gitden Reader continues being there. You can't find anymore Gitden in PlayStore, but you can do it in its developer's site; the last version is 4.5.4a and works better than ever.
RbnJrg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 07:48 PM   #8
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
I wonder who recommended it to you PocketBook is a great ereader that has TWO rendering engines: Legacy RMSDK (ADE 2.x) and WebKit.
My great friend recommended it. You!

Quote:
But nowadays, Reasily displays ebooks as well, if not better (por example, it has popup footnotes/endnotes), than PocketBook. Regreatably Reasily doesn't have TTS and it can't hyphen the text, but otherwise, it has a fantastic support por css3 and epub3 (it uses a more modern version of webkit than PocketBook).
Hmmm, well since you're recommending it, I'll have to check it out.

No TTS is a huge killer for me though. I've become so reliant on having the phone read ebooks while I do things (like brush my teeth, make the bed, fold clothes, etc.)... now I can't live without it!

Quote:
And Gitden Reader continues being there. You can't find anymore Gitden in PlayStore, but you can do it in its developer's site; the last version is 4.5.4a and works better than ever.
Oh? Last I checked, the Gitden site was taken down + he left a message about stopping development due to his medical issues. Did it recently pop back up?
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 06:48 AM   #9
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
Oh? Last I checked, the Gitden site was taken down + he left a message about stopping development due to his medical issues. Did it recently pop back up?
No, you're right, the developer stopped his work, but his last version still is there. It was released about a year ago and works great.
RbnJrg is online now   Reply With Quote