Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-03-2018, 06:51 AM   #826
Veryjas
Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Hello guys. Please help me, I'm not understanding anything anymore. I've read all the pages of this thread all night long, but I'm not understanding. All zip night mode that I find are for other Kobo. I did not find anything for version 4.1.7729 (Kobo Aura 2), I tried the one on the front page and another but non works, in fact, I had to reset. Since I'm not understanding anything I would not want to block my new Kobo by installing files for the other models. Could you attach the file to me and possibly? I would be grateful. Good day.
Veryjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:47 PM   #827
Veryjas
Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.Veryjas can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Guys, I update saying that I succeeded by trying to install the files of the Night Mode found in a thread here (which I attached). It is the one for readers without a light button. I performed the instructions well by installing both the image and the tgz file. It goes great on my Aura 2 Edition with firmware 4.1.7729.I am very happy.I can use my Kobo with satisfaction. I was bad when I discovered that there is not the option of the black background.You are great.Forum wonderful. Complimentshttps://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=257246
Veryjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2018, 06:01 AM   #828
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
I see that a number of you have success using this on the Clara HD, but I can't seem to get it to work.

As i'm also running KSM09, I thought that might be the problem, and so I've disabled that.
But still it won't work.

I have tried https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nig...r/KoboRoot.tgz

and https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nig...de_build13.zip

neither seems to work. It does install properly, for as far as I can see (it adds the .ini and .sh file in .kobo)

I have also uninstalled, rebooted, then retried. nada.

EDIT: i'm on 4.10.11655

Last edited by CH23; 09-07-2018 at 06:18 AM.
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 06:19 AM   #829
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post
I see that a number of you have success using this on the Clara HD, but I can't seem to get it to work.

As i'm also running KSM09, I thought that might be the problem, and so I've disabled that.
But still it won't work.

I have tried https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nig...r/KoboRoot.tgz

and https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nig...de_build13.zip

neither seems to work. It does install properly, for as far as I can see (it adds the .ini and .sh file in .kobo)

I have also uninstalled, rebooted, then retried. nada.
I don't know anything about KSM09 but the correct Night Mode link for the ClaraHD is the first of your links, not the second.

If it's not working for you you're going to need to give more details about the contents of your .ini file and a step-by-step of the actions you actually performed to try to toggle Night Mode.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:22 PM   #830
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I don't know anything about KSM09 but the correct Night Mode link for the ClaraHD is the first of your links, not the second.

If it's not working for you you're going to need to give more details about the contents of your .ini file and a step-by-step of the actions you actually performed to try to toggle Night Mode.
The .ini file is unedited.

Step by step:

start Clara
connect to laptop
copy KoboRoot.tgz to .kobo
eject, disconnect

At this point the ereader starts to install and reboot
after it boots again:

tap on 'light' icon, while on home screen
set brightness to 12, wait 10 seconds.
set brightness to 11, wait 10 seconds.

that's it
Advert
Old 09-07-2018, 02:29 PM   #831
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The .ini file is unedited.

Step by step:

start Clara
connect to laptop
copy KoboRoot.tgz to .kobo
eject, disconnect

At this point the ereader starts to install and reboot
after it boots again:

tap on 'light' icon, while on home screen
set brightness to 12, wait 10 seconds.
set brightness to 11, wait 10 seconds.
That all sounds OK.

I just tried my own ClaraHD with the default .ini file. All 3 options (brightness 11, 12, 13) are working for me. I did notice that sometimes the change doesn't take effect until I exit the brightness widget again.

FWIW, my own preference is to simplify by commenting out the 2 options, enableNightMode (12) and disableNightMode (13), leaving only the toggleNightMode option which I set to 100.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:59 PM   #832
CH23
Bottom Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
That all sounds OK.

I just tried my own ClaraHD with the default .ini file. All 3 options (brightness 11, 12, 13) are working for me. I did notice that sometimes the change doesn't take effect until I exit the brightness widget again.
Sadly this doesn't work either.
Quote:

FWIW, my own preference is to simplify by commenting out the 2 options, enableNightMode (12) and disableNightMode (13), leaving only the toggleNightMode option which I set to 100.
I just enabled debugging, hopefully that will give me more info on why it fails.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:49 PM   #833
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Unfortunately, I'm out of ideas, then.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:19 AM   #834
CH23
Bottom Text

as am I. debugging doesn't seem to do anything, which makes me think the one of the files doesn't have the right permissions, possibly induced by KSM09
Old 09-08-2018, 11:35 AM   #835
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Will this work on a Glo HD with 4.10.11655 firmware?
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 12:50 PM   #836
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
as am I. debugging doesn't seem to do anything, which makes me think the one of the files doesn't have the right permissions, possibly induced by KSM09
I think this is rather unlikely.

Did you know that you have to enable night mode with "configure" in order to use it with KSM? See this post. (But not enabling night mode in this way should not prevent night mode from working while KSM is disabled. So there should be some other problem).

I would like to mention that with newer firmware versions you can set night mode with InvertScreen=true in [FeatureSettings] of the kobo configuration file. Since you can change the kobo config settings in KSM with "tools" > "nickel diverse.msh" > "edit nickel conf.sh", toggling this night mode on and off is a little bite more convenient than without KSM. But one has still to exit nickel in order to do it.

Last edited by tshering; 09-08-2018 at 12:56 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #837
CH23
Bottom Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I think this is rather unlikely.

Did you know that you have to enable night mode with "configure" in order to use it with KSM? See this post. (But not enabling night mode in this way should not prevent night mode from working while KSM is disabled. So there should be some other problem).

I would like to mention that with newer firmware versions you can set night mode with InvertScreen=true in [FeatureSettings] of the kobo configuration file. Since you can change the kobo config settings in KSM with "tools" > "nickel diverse.msh" > "edit nickel conf.sh", toggling this night mode on and off is a little bite more convenient than without KSM. But one has still to exit nickel in order to do it.
This makes total sense.
I thought Nickel would load the SO file, but apparently not.

It's working now!
Old 10-25-2018, 09:07 PM   #838
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
So this works with the Kobo Forma, using the brightness setting as a toggle.

A few of us were wondering if it’s possible for this mod to be further adapted to toggle with pla simultaneous push of both page turn buttons.

Posting here because it’s more likely to get seen by someone who can make it happen
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 03:16 PM   #839
CH23
Bottom Text

Quote:

I just enabled debugging, hopefully that will give me more info on why it fails.
I don't remember what I had or hadn't done, but it works perfectly fine
Old 10-26-2018, 03:23 PM   #840
CH23
Bottom Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
So this works with the Kobo Forma, using the brightness setting as a toggle.

A few of us were wondering if it’s possible for this mod to be further adapted to toggle with pla simultaneous push of both page turn buttons.

Posting here because it’s more likely to get seen by someone who can make it happen
shouldn't be too hard; there's code for the kobo touch' button to toggle it. that could be adapted

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch