Notices

Old 09-28-2017, 10:08 AM   #1
MicheleBS
Enthusiast
MicheleBS began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
"filename" value in the Template Language

Dear Forum,

when I add books to my Library in Calibre, I'd like the files are saved, in the Library folder, just with their original filename, and no re-named, for example, to {author} - {title}.

What's the related value for the filename, in the Template Language?

I tried {namefile}, {filename} and others, with no success.

Thank you.
MicheleBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:27 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleBS View Post
Dear Forum,

when I add books to my Library in Calibre, I'd like the files are saved, in the Library folder, just with their original filename, and no re-named, for example, to {author} - {title}.

What's the related value for the filename, in the Template Language?

I tried {namefile}, {filename} and others, with no success.

Thank you.
Neither. None.

There is a Plugin that stores the ORIGINAL file path-name in a CUSTOM field
Check the PI Index for 'getfilename'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:36 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
File names within the calibre library are not user configurable. File names exported from calibre can be configured six ways from Sunday.

The plugin theducks was referring to can be found in this thread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:36 AM   #4
MicheleBS
Enthusiast

Thank you. I will follow your suggestions.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:02 AM   #5
MicheleBS
Enthusiast

Dear fellows,

I installed getfilename, in the end. Beautiful.

Now, whenever I add a book to my library, a custom field I called "filename" is filled with the proper value.

But, I guess, is there now a method to also fill such a field also for the books previously added? It would be very useful, to me.

Thank you for your support.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
But, I guess, is there now a method to also fill such a field also for the books previously added? It would be very useful, to me.
The original file name for books added to calibre is not retained. So unless you have a note of them, and can add them manually, no.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:45 AM   #7
MicheleBS
Enthusiast

Oh, you're right.

Thank you.

Tags
add a book, calibre, library, template language