Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #16
4nefertiti
Enthusiast
4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS900 (daily edition), blackberry
Thanks for the heads up. Clicking the link to register now.
4nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:03 AM   #17
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandie View Post
I'm just curious.. is this only limited to the States?
Unfortunately, it is. I just looked at the Terms and Conditions on the registration page, and it does say you have to be a resident of the United States.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #18
Paul58
A Reader with no Reader..
Paul58 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Pocket Edition, B&N Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
Did I miss anything Paul?

Feel free to add anything I might've missed or simplify anything I made too complicated or correct me if I'm wrong about anything.
Well, you and I missed one MAJOR thing, and that's the fact this may be the biggest scam going! I tried to purchase a $50 Gas Card today with my Reward Points only to find out that unless you are a Sony Card Holder (I don't need or want a Credit Card) you are limited to only applying 500 points to any Gift Card purchase!

So, even though I currently have 6,280 points and a $50.00 Gas Card is 6,250 points, I can only apply 500 points toward the purchase leaving a balance owed of 5,750 points. To complete the transaction, I have to purchase the remaining points, which cost $57.50! Now what idiot is going to pay Sony $57.50 for a $50.00 Gas Card? What a SCAM!

Now, according to the rules, purchases costing 10,000 points or more have no restrictions, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the points will expire before you could accumulate that many points [just like last time]! What a crock...

Here is the Expiration Terms from the Sony Website:

Points Expiration for an Account not linked to a Card. For Accounts that do not have an associated Card registered with Sony Rewards, all earned Points expire on March 31st of the calendar year following the year in which the Points were earned. (For example: if a Member who has not linked his/her Card to his/her Account earns 500 Points in June, 2010, such Member must redeem the 500 Points by 11:59pm ET on March 31, 2011 or the Member will forfeit the Points.)

This is a major disappointment, and I almost feel taken advantage of after watching WOF and Jeopardy as religiously as I have been for the past year! Oh well, I guess I will continue to amass points to see if I can get over 10,000 before March 31st, 2011, and then blow them on something before they expire!

I also just learned [per the Jeopardy Site] the the weekly tournament has been cancelled until September! So there goes an opportunity to get an additional 200 points per week! I guess they saw some of us were gathering too many points and it may cost them something! I am majorly disappointed in Sony!

Last edited by Paul58; 06-21-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Paul58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #19
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How totally disappointing! I just tried redeeming my 5000 pts. for the ebook store coupon. Same thing. I printed the "Redemption Rules" below. I'm sorry, but that is no deal, no reward at all! Shame on you Sony! I don't think I've ever used this Smilie in any posts ever, until now!

Quote:
Point Redemption Rules:
•For DVD or CD items listed for less than 2,000 points in the Rewards catalog, members can apply a maximum of 200 Sony Rewards Points.
•For DVD or CD items greater than 2,001 points but less than 10,000, members can apply a maximum of 500 Sony Rewards Points.

•Sony Card members have no point redemption limits.

•For items that are 10,000 points or less, members are only allowed to apply 500 Rewards Points.
•For items that are 10,001 points or more, members are allowed to apply an unlimited amount of Rewards Points.

•For all Gift Card redemptions, members can apply a maximum of 500 points per item.
I played the Jeopardy Weekly Tournament this morning. But I saw the message regarding this promotion. It says that it will start up again in Sept. 2010 when the new season starts.

I am sorry and apologize to all those who I got all excited about earning ebookstore giftcards. If you qualify for or already have a Sony Card Visa, you're still in luck. I was turned down.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #20
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Sorry, guys. I actually knew about this part.

I bought my first Sony Reader (500) for $50 with the credit card promotion. I seldom use it, but never closed it, so it looks like I should be grateful!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #21
rebarnmom
Wizard

Today's (July 1st) daily giveaway prize on the Sony Rewards site is the Sony Daily Edition 900 kit! They draw 3 winners. If you wager your points and don't win, the points are returned to you.

Also, if you create and/or update your Sony Rewards Wishlist each month you earn 25 points. Since it's the beginning of July, you should be able to update your list now and receive 25 points. I did.