Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2020, 07:38 PM   #1
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Deleted Pocket articles, but still show up in Home screen, in Author "spotlight"

I have removed all Pocket articles from my Forma. In other words, they are taking up zero bytes of space on my device. Using geek1011 patch I have even removed a link to pocket articles ("My Articles") from showing up in the upper left menu.
However on the home screen, on the lower right corner, there are still references to book articles if the author has written both books and articles. The books appear with their nice book covers; the articles have the pocket logo. In that section, how can I completely remove any references to pocket articles from my forma?
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:52 PM   #2
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
I have removed all Pocket articles from my Forma. In other words, they are taking up zero bytes of space on my device. Using geek1011 patch I have even removed a link to pocket articles ("My Articles") from showing up in the upper left menu.
However on the home screen, on the lower right corner, there are still references to book articles if the author has written both books and articles. The books appear with their nice book covers; the articles have the pocket logo. In that section, how can I completely remove any references to pocket articles from my forma?
Did you logout of your account? (I mean your pocket account, under account settings)
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2020, 01:46 PM   #3
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In Settings>Accounts>Pocket, it says "You are not signed in to Pocket".
Old 06-16-2020, 08:17 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Quote:
In Settings>Accounts>Pocket, it says "You are not signed in to Pocket".
Have you ever been signed into Pocket on the device? Are the any files on the device in the directory ".kobo/Articles"?

I've never seen Pocket articles appearing anywhere except in the Pocket section of the device. What happens when you try to open one of the articles? Or try to view the details? What is the format type shown in the list?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 01:11 PM   #5
droopy
Guru

DavidFor,
Yes, I was signed into Pocket before I decided to remove all Pocket articles.
The /.kobo/Articles/ folder is empty.

In the Author "spotlight" section on the homescreen, there's no way to get to the articles. Basically, my issue is that this Author spotlight section shows articles as works of the author. When I tap that section, I'm taken to the list of books of that author.
Advert