Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
AMBene
AMBene has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Evo, Sony 505; Kindle 3
Fictionwise

Has any one downloaded books from fictionwise for the Sony reader? You can download in the .LRF format. I am very new to all of this and am still researching readers. I am drawn to the Sony. Whispernet is not that important to me. WiFi would be cool if it is available in the 3rd gen. More interested in where I can buy a varied selection of titles.
AMBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMBene View Post
Has any one downloaded books from fictionwise for the Sony reader? You can download in the .LRF format.
The "multi-format" books at fictionwise are available in .LRF format yes. I can't say I have bought one of those... however, it should work without problem.

For secure books, I have bought .LIT format and converted them. You need Windows and Internet Explorer to download .LIT format books.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I've bought multi-format books from Fictionwise and they work fine on the Sony. Have also successfully bought and converted .LIT formatted books.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
AMBene

Thank you both for your replies. Now, where would one find instructions on coverting .LIT format? I have both Window & IE.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMBene View Post
Thank you both for your replies. Now, where would one find instructions on coverting .LIT format? I have both Window & IE.
Google for ConvertLIT to find the web site and download it. Then follow the directions in the readme file that comes with it. If you need help there are several threads here talking about it. This one I think has the most info about it. You will also need to download an install and register MS Reader, the readme directs you to do this also. Finally you will need calibre.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=convertlit

Once you get all the stuff installed and ready to try, you can download the free protected LIT book from fictionwise Origins of Wish You Well: A Short Essay .

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 07-08-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Advert
Old 07-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #6
AMBene

Thank you very much for the help! I am starting the downloads!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

How to Really Suck at Golf is 100% micropay rebate... but it's only in Secure Mobipocket.... what's up with that? This book sounds hilarious!

BOb