Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-26-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Alternate IP address for Wireless Device

I was looking at the IP address options for both the Wireless Device connection and the Content Server connection AMD realized that the device connection only allowed for a singular address (and no 3G option).

At first this made sense since after all the device requires you to be physically at the machine with calibre to manage books being sent and received. But then it struck me that there are at least two means that content can be queued to be automatically transferred; news feeds and items added to a Reading List to be automatically sent to a device on connection.

Thoughts?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I use the reading list plugin and news feeds, so I am rarely at the pc to get books on my devices. I usually remember to connect wirelessly every morning before I go to work but occasionally I need to use the content server to get my news feeds at work. I would connect wirelessly from work if I could, but I wonder how many others would find this useful.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert