Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-24-2018, 03:28 PM   #1
PaceyIV
PaceyIV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
From Windows Portable Version to GNU\Linux

I've used a Windows Portable Version for years on a network disk, but now I can't to continue to use it in this way. I've get errors when I add new books.

I'm trying to switch from the Windows Portable Version to a GNU\Linux version. I use it in a ssh remote connection with X11 forwarding. I can open my libraries without problems and I can add new books.
Is there a way to transfer all my settings and plug-in from the Windows Version to GNU\Linux? Are they compatible?
PaceyIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 03:56 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceyIV View Post
I've used a Windows Portable Version for years on a network disk, but now I can't to continue to use it in this way. I've get errors when I add new books.

I'm trying to switch from the Windows Portable Version to a GNU\Linux version. I use it in a ssh remote connection with X11 forwarding. I can open my libraries without problems and I can add new books.
Is there a way to transfer all my settings and plug-in from the Windows Version to GNU\Linux? Are they compatible?
Copy the config folder over, then you will need to adjust the path(s) to the libraries using Create/Switch:use existing (Delete, just removes the linkage, so it is safe)
You may also need to adjust the paths to Save to Folder and save to disk (if they were used)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2018, 04:55 PM   #3
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceyIV View Post

From the calibre manual:

How do I move my calibre data from one computer to another?

I use this to move from my Linux PC to my windows tablet.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:23 PM   #4
PaceyIV
PaceyIV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Copy the config folder over, then you will need to adjust the path(s) to the libraries using Create/Switch:use existing (Delete, just removes the linkage, so it is safe)
You may also need to adjust the paths to Save to Folder and save to disk (if they were used)
Thanks. It works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
From the calibre manual:

How do I move my calibre data from one computer to another?

I use this to move from my Linux PC to my windows tablet.

bernie

It's not available for Windows Portable Version.
PaceyIV is offline   Reply With Quote