Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-21-2018, 06:47 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Carta vs Pearl

I picked up a used Tolino Page (the cheap one without a front light) on eBay and I'm impressed with the Carta screen. This is the only non-Pearl (or below) eInk screen that I own since I don't "do" front lights. I didn't even realize Carta screens came in 167ppi (800x600). I thought "surely, Tolino is unique in this..." — then I started looking at the other (non-Kindle) low-end eReaders. Both the InkBook Classic 2 and Pocketbook Basic 3 use Carta eInk instead of Pearl. Now I'm thinking, "Amazon, you cheap ba...."

I'm going to write about my impressions of the Tolino Page in the new Tolino forum (mostly favorable) but I thought I would mention here that – with the Tolino – I can borrow (and return) books to Overdrive directly. I don't know if that's something Kobo added to the mix after getting involved with Tolino, or if it always was that way ... but with the Carta screen and direct Overdrive borrowing I've got a feeling this will probably be my main eReader.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote