Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-20-2018, 05:17 AM   #3001
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Can I rebuild the information in the metadata column on stories that have been deleted?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:34 AM   #3002
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Can I rebuild the information in the metadata column on stories that have been deleted?
Question is ambiguous. Do you mean:

Can you still use the information in Saved Metadata Column to do 'Update Calibre Metadata from Saved Metadata Column'? Yes

Can you set the data in Saved Metadata Column with 'Update Calibre Metadata from Web Site'? No, web site doesn't have the data anymore.

Can FFF fill Saved Metadata Column for you from saved epub? No, FFF doesn't record all of its metadata in epub (or other formats).

Can you manually change the information in Saved Metadata Column before doing 'Update Calibre Metadata from Saved Metadata Column'? Yes, if you're very careful--I suggest editing in HTML Source. If the column is entirely empty, you could try copying the Saved Metadata Column HTML from another book and then changing to suit.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:17 AM   #3003
alexeric123
alexeric123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Error on a site?

When I try to download
https://novelonlinefull.com/novel/ta...ncarnated_lord

I get the error
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_text'

any idea if its a problem on my side?

Edit:
I found that If I used
http://www.wuxiaworld.co/Tales-of-th...carnated-Lord/
it worked
no clue why

Last edited by alexeric123; 10-20-2018 at 10:19 AM. Reason: New Info
alexeric123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:16 AM   #3004
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeric123 View Post
When I try to download
https://novelonlinefull.com/novel/ta...ncarnated_lord

I get the error
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_text'

any idea if its a problem on my side?
Doesn't look like it.

Chapter 187 doesn't have a chapter title. Kinda surprised that's never been a problem before. I have a simple fix; just default to 'Chapter #' when no chapter title is given. I'll think about it a bit more and include in the next test version.

Many chapters for that story are also named wrong (or possibly out of order on purpose) on novelonlinefull.com.

Or they may just be uploaded incorrectly--novelonlinefull.com chapter texts don't agree with wuxiaworld.co from my spot check.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:58 PM   #3005
fathertyme
Enthusiast
fathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheese

Device: Samsung S2
storiesonline borked

just updated everything and looks like storiesonline just broke.

the log makes it look like its failing to login:

Quote:
FFF: DEBUG: 2018-10-20 15:46:56,298: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin(966): FanFicFare v3.1.1
FFF: DEBUG: 2018-10-20 15:46:56,359: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin(1080) : url:https://storiesonline.net/s/75651
FFF: DEBUG: 2018-10-20 15:46:56,398: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adapt ers.adapter_storiesonlinenet(41): StoriesOnlineNetAdapter.__init__ - url='https://storiesonline.net/s/75651'
FFF: DEBUG: 2018-10-20 15:46:56,410: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adapt ers.adapter_storiesonlinenet(134): URL: https://storiesonline.net/s/75651
FFF: DEBUG: 2018-10-20 15:46:56,410: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.confi gurable(1099): #####################################
pagecache(GET) MISS: https://storiesonline.net/s/75651:i
FFF: DEBUG: 2018-10-20 15:46:57,240: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adapt ers.adapter_storiesonlinenet(109): Will now login to URL (https://storiesonline.net/sol-secure/login.php) as (<<<<<login removed to protect the guilty>>>>)
FFF: DEBUG: 2018-10-20 15:46:57,240: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.confi gurable(1099): #####################################
pagecache(GET) MISS: https://storiesonline.net/sol-secure...rname=XXXXXXXX
FFF: DEBUG: 2018-10-20 15:46:58,155: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.confi gurable(1099): #####################################
FFF: DEBUG: 2018-10-20 15:47:02,575: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.confi gurable(1099): #####################################
FFF: DEBUG: 2018-10-20 15:47:11,996: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.confi gurable(1099): #####################################
FFF: DEBUG: 2018-10-20 15:47:12,907: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.confi gurable(1178): Giving up on https://storiesonline.net/sol-secure/login.php
FFF: DEBUG: 2018-10-20 15:47:12,907: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.confi gurable(1179): HTTP Error 307: Temporary Redirect
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.conf igurable", line 1166, in _fetchUrlOpened
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.conf igurable", line 1121, in _fetchUrlRawOpened
File "urllib2.py", line 435, in open
File "urllib2.py", line 548, in http_response
File "urllib2.py", line 467, in error
File "urllib2.py", line 407, in _call_chain
File "urllib2.py", line 633, in http_error_302
File "urllib2.py", line 594, in redirect_request
HTTPError: HTTP Error 307: Temporary Redirect
FFF: ERROR: 2018-10-20 15:47:12,908: calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.dialogs(689): Exception: {u'pubdate': None, u'publisher': u'storiesonline.net', u'calibre_id': 1102, u'author_sort': u'Charlie Foxtrot', u'good': False, u'showerror': True, u'added': False, u'comment': u'HTTP Error 307: Temporary Redirect', u'series': u'', u'begin': None, u'title': u'A New Past', u'listorder': 0, u'end': None, u'author': [u'Charlie Foxtrot'], u'site': 'storiesonline.net', u'comments': u'', u'collision': u'Overwrite if Newer', u'url': u'https://storiesonline.net/s/75651'}:HTTP Error 307: Temporary Redirect
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.dialogs", line 677, in do_loop
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin" , line 1165, in prep_download_loop
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin" , line 1047, in get_story_metadata_only
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adap ters.base_adapter", line 281, in getStoryMetadataOnly
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adap ters.adapter_storiesonlinenet", line 150, in doExtractChapterUrlsAndMetadata
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.adap ters.adapter_storiesonlinenet", line 111, in performLogin
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.conf igurable", line 1290, in _fetchUrl
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.conf igurable", line 1279, in _fetchUrlOpened
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.conf igurable", line 1180, in _fetchUrlOpened
HTTPError: HTTP Error 307: Temporary Redirect
not sure what else could be going on
fathertyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:21 AM   #3006
carom
carom began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
I can confirm the post by fathertyme (#3005) same error different story and login
carom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:07 AM   #3007
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
error <urlopen error [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed> on fanfiktion.de

I get the error message "<urlopen error [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed>" on some stories from fanfiktion.de

It seems it´s only stories with rating"P18-AVL" or "P18-AVL Slash". I can send a PM with links.

I can view the stories with different browsers (edge, chrome) and I tried already with "user-agent" in personal.ini
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:01 AM   #3008
zarohk
zarohk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2013)
Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum. I know about as much coding as a duck (I can use Xenoforo spoilers and know how to close my tags and that's about it), but I really enjoy FanFicFare, and it's wonderful to be able to read fanfiction on my Kindle.

Is anyone else having the problem where the table of contents for books is now being created at the end of the document rather than the beginning? I've had it for a month or two now. It's not terrible, but I was wonderin
zarohk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:00 AM   #3009
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hi, I've been getting a lot of these while trying to download books from AO3:

<urlopen error [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond>

I'm unsure if this is a plug-in or the site's issue?

Sometimes I'm able to download, but most of the time, especially when I'm downloading multiple books, most of the books would show this error.
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:11 PM   #3010
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

(Multi-reply)

New Test Version Posted

2018-10-21
- Update for adapter_storiesonlinenet(& finestories) for login change.
Weirdly, python urllib isn't like http code 307. But it's only returned for success, so workaround.

ILB - Yes, please PM me some story URLs.

zarohk - What output format are you using? Are you doing a Calibre convert afterward? FFF generated inline TOC is always near the top. But inline TOC defaults to off (tocpage_include) except for mobi format. However, Calibre convert to azw3 for example, does put TOC at the end.

madame_newbie - If it were a general FFF issue, it would happen all the time. I assume you are seeing network issues somewhere along the line, server congestion at AO3, or the AO3 servers are throttling you due to the amount of traffic you are generating. You could add a larger slow_down_sleep_time value in personal.ini for AO3 to slow down your traffic:
Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
# default is 2 for AO3
slow_down_sleep_time:7
Old 10-21-2018, 05:56 PM   #3011
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I have a slightly silly question. I have some old fanfics that I saved with the standalone FanfictionDownloader (not the plugin) and then imported into Calibre. I'd like to update them with FFF, but keep the old metadata (particularly date added).

I found I was able to download the fic as a new one, merge the two entries, delete the old file, and then update it, but is there a simpler process that I'm missing?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-21-2018 at 05:59 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:30 PM   #3012
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I found I was able to download the fic as a new one, merge the two entries, delete the old file, and then update it, but is there a simpler process that I'm missing?
I don't know that it would work in your particular case, but I have in past set the url identifier manually and then called FFF update. If it doesn't recognize the chapters in the epub, it just assumes it needs to download them.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:34 PM   #3013
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
That works. Thank you.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:08 PM   #3014
carom
carom began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
JimmXinu - Storiesonline works for me again with the new testversion

Thank you very much
carom
carom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:26 PM   #3015
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carom View Post
JimmXinu - Storiesonline works for me again with the new testversion

Tags
fanfiction