Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #256
Dazrin
Hey! Who took my cookie?!
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW2, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I was looking at the stats the other day and missed your old line graph of the comments of the three clubs, but this new chart is fun and informative and very gratifying!
I'll try to figure out a clean way to get that back. I really didn't like the old layout of the stats page so have been trying to clean it up. Hopefully it is a little more organized in general now.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #257
orlok
Not quite finished
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Speaking of statistics, has anyone else noticed that most of the currently regular participants here seem to have a joined MR in 2010 and 2011? I wonder if this coincides with some dramatic upswing in MR numbers during those two years, or if there is some other reason.
Nice spot! One for the conspiracy theorists, methinks
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:54 PM   #258
Dazrin
Hey! Who took my cookie?!
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW2, various Android devices
My guess is that 2010 is when the Kindle 3 was released. It was the first Kindle (not sure about e-reader in general) that was a reasonable price for many people, at $140 for the basic model. Previous Kindles were $400 (K1), $360 (K2) and $490 (DX) so this was a HUGE price cut.

More people with readers equals more people looking for a home on the internet to discuss them.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:16 PM   #259
orlok
Not quite finished
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
My guess is that 2010 is when the Kindle 3 was released. It was the first Kindle (not sure about e-reader in general) that was a reasonable price for many people, at $140 for the basic model. Previous Kindles were $400 (K1), $360 (K2) and $490 (DX) so this was a HUGE price cut.

More people with readers equals more people looking for a home on the internet to discuss them.
I think you're right. I joined not long after getting my first Kindle.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote