Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-04-2017, 09:34 PM   #181
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
The User Guide is decentralized, and is comprised of the ToolTips of every area and every button, plus the OP textual description plus the OP attachments.
Does not help much when a person does not understand any of it.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:07 AM   #182
magphil
Connoisseur
magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3, Kobo glow
Hello,

I've just installed CALM (2.0.28) with all companion plugins

I restarted calibre

When I run CALM, is select 2 libaries but plugin stubbornly tells me no libraries are slected

Even when selecting all (which does add the check mark), the tool still says "no library selected"
magphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:04 AM   #183
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I've just installed CALM (2.0.28) with all companion plugins

I restarted calibre

When I run CALM, is select 2 libaries but plugin stubbornly tells me no libraries are slected

Even when selecting all (which does add the check mark), the tool still says "no library selected" ]

A picture is worth 1000 words.

However, since you have provided neither, I can only surmise that it is not just CALM who is being stubborn. Clearly it does not like something about those 2 particular Source Library paths, and is consistently disallowing them. That should give you a very strong hint that you are trying to do something forbidden.

You have not added "CALM" to their paths, have you? Target Libraries are CALM libraries, not Source Libraries. Forbidden.

You did not put your Source Libraries on your Desktop, did you? One user made the second Source Library a child of the first Source Library that was on his Desktop, and did not believe that there was anything wrong about that. You can find that post in this same thread. Using the Desktop for your Source Libraries is forbidden. It is also a poor idea in general for any Calibre library.

As the Source Library Tab ToolTips state, the checkmarks are only used to tell CALM exactly which Source Libraries you want included in the very next Consolidation. They have nothing to do with selecting your Source Libraries.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 05-01-2017 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Added info.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:57 AM   #184
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Not CALM specific, but I'm continuing to theme calibre plugins and I saw that some of your plugins icons are not themable. It's the same thing that was happening with Job Spy (The path to the user's local resources/images folder in common_utils.py has to be changed).

It's the case with:
  • Author Book Count
  • Author Book Count Hierarchy
  • Consolidate All Library Metadata
  • Drop Search Results
  • English Noun Frequency
  • Library Codes
  • Media File Importer
  • Multi Column Search
  • Quarantine And Scrub
  • Zotero Metadata Importer

Nothing urgent, but maybe you can correct it next time you update them?
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 05:48 PM   #185
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All have been changed and uploaded. Audit Log needed no changes since it used Job Spy as a template for a new GUI plug-in. The rest used ABC that I wrote in 2014 as a template, and I built ABC by scrounging around for example code. Apparently the example of common_utils.py that I picked in early 2014 to use with ABC was incomplete viz a viz themes, although the rest of it was fine. Anyway, let me know of anything further that needs to be done to support what you are doing.

DaltonST
Old 05-05-2017, 05:59 PM   #186
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Once again, thanks for the quick update! That's all that is needed as far as I'm concerned
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:04 AM   #187
Mrparsnip
Mrparsnip began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glow / Calibre
Thanks for your excellent utility - I may have missed this in discussions, but can you please confirm that although CALM can collect Series from source libraries, it can not write them back as it can for tags. Thanks. Maybe there is a way round with custom columns?
Mrparsnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:21 AM   #188
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrparsnip View Post
Thanks for your excellent utility - I may have missed this in discussions, but can you please confirm that although CALM can collect Series from source libraries, it can not write them back as it can for tags.
Mrparsnip:

Your understanding is correct. As the Original Post says:

Spoiler:
Application Functions and Features:

[1] Consolidate a snapshot of all of the standard and custom column metadata for all of your Calibre Libraries into a temporary CALM Target Library.

[2] View the consolidated metadata of all of your books from all of your Calibre Libraries simultaneously;

[3] Standardize Tags, Genres, Identifiers and most Custom Columns centrally in the snapshot CALM Target Library using CALM's Metadata Tools;

[4] Propagate the standardized Tags, Genres, Identifiers and most Custom Columns from the snapshot CALM Target Library back to the 'real' Source Libraries.

All books with the identical Series should, in my opinion, be stored in the identical Source Library. Hence, their maintenance should be performed directly within their Source Library, and not within the consolidated snapshot CALM Target Library.

DaltonST
Old 06-09-2017, 11:20 AM   #189
Mrparsnip
Mrparsnip began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glow / Calibre
Thanks for the reply. I agree that they should end up in the same Source library - but I have a temporary library where I collect and tag/rename everything before moving to the final libraries. Series is not such a big deal to keep under control as tags anyway (only one per book). I just need to remember to change/add the series once I move them to the final library, rather than in CALM.
Mrparsnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:08 PM   #190
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I have a couple of Calibre libraries, and I created a common custom columns, one is named Retailer, lookup name #retailer, and CALM says it's activated on each library, and it picked it up from the various Calibre libraries. For the most part, one of the libraries contains all of the books, and one of the libraries only contains books purchased from a particular #retailer, and I've been going through the CALM library, and adding the #retailer value for the equivalent books in the other libraries, based on whether it's the same book as the one in the single retailer library. I then went to CALM Metadata Tools, selected custom column #retailer, and selected Replace Source Library CC with Target Library CC (All Sources and All Books), and clicked OK. When I checked the other libraries, all of them lost all the values for the custom column #retailer, except the library that only contains books purchased from the particular #retailer.

Is CALM still supported? Should this have worked, or am I misunderstanding what is supposed to happen with this metadata tool?
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:17 AM   #191
DaltonST
Deviser

Metadata Tool for Custom Column Synchronization

See the attached image.

Whatever is in CALM (including 'nothing') for each book for the selected custom column will be replaced in that book's Source Library.

I assume that you first test exactly what you are planning to do in your Test Libraries before doing it to your valuable "Real" Libraries.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	metadata_tool_custom_column_synchronization.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	370.6 KB
ID:	166715  
Old 10-04-2018, 10:30 AM   #192
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
See the attached image.

Whatever is in CALM (including 'nothing') for each book for the selected custom column will be replaced in that book's Source Library.

I assume that you first test exactly what you are planning to do in your Test Libraries before doing it to your valuable "Real" Libraries.

DaltonST
Too late for that. I selected the custom column I had been updating, and it deleted all of the contents of the custom column in the primary library. I was able to restore them with sqlite3 with a select from the CALM library metadata.db and inserts into the primary library metadata.db.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:47 PM   #193
CJHusVar
CJHusVar began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab
Question Custom Column Selection Error

I have just downloaded CALM and am setting it up to run for the first time. I have selected my source libraries and configured my target library. When I go to the Source Custom Columns tab and click "Get All Source Library/Custom Column Combinations" I get an error for each source library.

CantOpenError: unable to open database: <path-to-library>/metadata.db

I am running Calibre on Linux and have checked the permissions on the folder/files to ensure the are able to be accessed.

Thoughts?
CJHusVar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:12 PM   #194
DaltonST
Deviser

Calibre debug log? Screen prints of all 3 Tabs?
Old 11-14-2018, 03:38 PM   #195
CJHusVar
CJHusVar began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab
Let me know if you need more info.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Source.png
Views:	290
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	167697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Target.png
Views:	198
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	167698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom_Columns.png
Views:	199
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	167699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom_Columns_After.png
Views:	214
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	167700  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Calibre_DBug_Log.txt (6.9 KB, 187 views)
CJHusVar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibredb, consolidate, genre, tags