Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-02-2018, 11:04 AM   #1
exodous
exodous began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight (E Ink)
Tabs being lost when convering .odt to epub

First I'm using LibreOffice to type my document and saving to .odt before importing it into Calibre and converting it into .epub.

For the life of me I can't figure this one out. I have a typed document that is formatted correctly and everything converts fine to epub, bold text, italic text, text size, but for some reason when I have a tab on a new paragraph it does not show up. Even hard returns show up. Is there something I need to do in Calibre or is it something I need to do in LibreOffice?

Thanx,
Stan
exodous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:35 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Epubs are HTML-based where tabs have no meaning. In LibreOffice you should create a style with an indent and use that style for your "standard paragraph".

Sorry not to be more specific but I don't use LibreOffice.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:04 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What Jackie said.
Set a Indent style, and do not use repetitive nbsp (repetitive regular spaces get collapsed under HTML rules)

I looked it up for you

For new documents: (On the menu) Styles: edit styles: Paragraph (tab): Adjust indent value: Optionally tick Automatic

For Existing Paragraphs: Right click: Styles: adjust
(have no tested if this works if all (many) paragraphs selected
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote