Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-07-2021, 05:50 PM   #16
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Thanks for this. It works really well.

One question: I built from source but I had to download the zip file because the git clone kept timing out. Is that because I haven't created a login to your site?
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:19 PM   #17
sadowski
Connoisseur
sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, Kobo mini, PB mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadowski View Post
I can at least open it in another instance of ADE (also another version: 4.5 instead of 2.0) on another computer that has not seen it previously.

I will buy a new book tonight and try this first in the downloader, before I fall back to ADE.
I still cannot get it to work. With a new book (actually two, one from a vendor and one from the library), I get now:

Code:
Fulfill /home/jens/Downloads/URLLink.acsm
Send request to http://acs2.elib.se:8080/fulfillment/Fulfill
Send request to http://acs2.elib.se/media/9cd1f48d-a018-4798-a4ab-086af45b1cb4.epub
Exception code : 0x1004
Message        : Unable to create
/Jens
sadowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2021, 02:52 AM   #18
soutade
soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Cybook Odyssey
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
Thanks for this. It works really well.

One question: I built from source but I had to download the zip file because the git clone kept timing out. Is that because I haven't created a login to your site?
It seems to be a NAT error, fixed now. Thanks
soutade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 02:54 AM   #19
soutade
soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.soutade is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Quote:
I still cannot get it to work. With a new book (actually two, one from a vendor and one from the library), I get now:

Code:
Send request to http://acs2.elib.se:8080/fulfillment/Fulfill
Send request to http://acs2.elib.se/media/9cd1f48d-a018-4798-a4ab-086af45b1cb4.epub
Exception code : 0x1004
Message        : Unable to create
/Jens
In fact, it tries to write a file with an empty name, it's because it fails. You can use option "-o
<file.epub>" to set a valid name. Can you send me your ACSM file to check this ?
Old 07-08-2021, 05:17 AM   #20
sadowski
Connoisseur
sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutade View Post
In fact, it tries to write a file with an empty name, it's because it fails. You can use option "-o
<file.epub>" to set a valid name. Can you send me your ACSM file to check this ?
I did use the -o option with an output file name, alongside with the -f option for the ACSM file.

I can send you the ACSM file. But how? I cannot see how to attach files to a PM.

Cheers,

Jens
Advert
Old 07-08-2021, 05:28 AM   #21
sadowski
Connoisseur

Quote:
I did use the -o option with an output file name, alongside with the -f option for the ACSM file.

I can send you the ACSM file. But how? I cannot see how to attach files to a PM.

Cheers,

Jens
Just tried without the -o option, and it worked! Using the book title for the filename.

Sorry that I did not try this before. So it seems not to recognize the filename from -o correctly. I can live with this.
Old 07-08-2021, 06:11 AM   #22
sadowski
Connoisseur

It worked, with one book :-(. Here is one with a different error code:

Code:
Send request to http://acs4.onleihe.de/fulfillment/Fulfill
Exception code : 0x1003
Message        : E_ADEPT_DISTRIBUTOR_AUTH http://acs4.onleihe.de/fulfillment/Fulfill urn:uuid:06707e6a-f172-4b12-9772-4a0601d656c2
What could that mean? (The same ACSM opens without complaints in ADE 2.0.)
Old 07-08-2021, 06:34 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
It worked, with one book :-(. Here is one with a different error code:

Code:
Send request to http://acs4.onleihe.de/fulfillment/Fulfill
Exception code : 0x1003
Message        : E_ADEPT_DISTRIBUTOR_AUTH http://acs4.onleihe.de/fulfillment/Fulfill urn:uuid:06707e6a-f172-4b12-9772-4a0601d656c2
What could that mean? (The same ACSM opens without complaints in ADE 2.0.)
I'm guessing here. But it could mean that ADE does something that this software doesn't do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 06:57 AM   #24
soutade

Quote:
Just tried without the -o option, and it worked! Using the book title for the filename.
Fixed in v0.1.1 I just uploaded.

Quote:
Message : E_ADEPT_DISTRIBUTOR_AUTH http://acs4.onleihe.de/fulfillment/Fulfill urn:uuid:06707e6a-f172-4b12-9772-4a0601d656c2
I'm doing something bad in my request building. In that case, you can download it from ADE first and then send me ACSM file in order to investigate (ePub can't be downloaded twice from a different user). I don't have a lot of ACSM files for tests in fact, and some eBook vendors seems to not build them correctly all the time.

Thanks for testing
Old 07-08-2021, 08:56 AM   #25
sadowski
Connoisseur

Quote:
Fixed in v0.1.1 I just uploaded.

I'm doing something bad in my request building. In that case, you can download it from ADE first and then send me ACSM file in order to investigate (ePub can't be downloaded twice from a different user). I don't have a lot of ACSM files for tests in fact, and some eBook vendors seems to not build them correctly all the time.

Thanks for testing
PM sent.
Old 07-08-2021, 09:36 AM   #26
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
As it's a library, I think, it could be embedded into reader software (like koreader) to support DRM, but I don't know if it's what they want.
Unless there are legal issues involved I don't suppose will be any objections (other than the effort involved).
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 04:06 PM   #27
soutade

Hello,

I uploaded v0.2 which fix all problems we had before.

It's available at http://indefero.soutade.fr/p/libgourou/downloads/

Thanks for testing
Old 07-09-2021, 11:43 PM   #28
sadowski
Connoisseur

Quote:
Hello,

I uploaded v0.2 which fix all problems we had before.

It's available at http://indefero.soutade.fr/p/libgourou/downloads/

Thanks for testing
Good work--this one went through!

I encountered one more problem, with an ACSM from just another site (PM sent).

Cheers,

Jens
Old 07-12-2021, 10:26 AM   #29
sadowski
Connoisseur

For me, this works now with all the places I usually get e-books from. It breaks the dependency on ADE for just downloading a copy that is then anyway transferred for reading. My understanding is that you have to set up everything including authorizing an e-reader by using ADE only once. After that, only this code is needed and you can then use the EPUB files in whatever way you usually do.

There seem to be multiple differences between individual fulfillment operators which sometimes need additional adjustments in the code by Grégory. Thus, it would be great if more people would like to give it a try and in case it breaks report any problems.

In case anybody still wonders: this is solely about downloading DRM-protected EPUB files and does not touch the DRM itself.

Many thanks to Grégory!

Jens

Last edited by sadowski; 07-12-2021 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-13-2021, 02:07 PM   #30
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Edit: Whoops, wrong thread.

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 07-13-2021 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Wrong thread.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote