Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 10:21 AM   #616
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 06-15-2022, 09:33 AM   #617
fracfinder
fracfinder began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi davidfor,

Just bricked my Aura HD and it won't boot.

Could you please send me the SD card image. Many thanks in advance!
Advert
Old 06-15-2022, 08:45 PM   #618
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 06-30-2022, 04:39 AM   #619
chockAe
chockAe began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura HD
Do you have Kobo aura HD SD card image?
Please give me one copy?
THANKS YOU.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:01 AM   #620
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@chockAe: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Advert
Old 07-01-2022, 09:04 AM   #621
chockAe
chockAe began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura HD
sir.davidfor
Can you send Kobo aura HD SD card image to me again?
Now i have private message.
THANKS YOU.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:53 PM   #622
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-18-2022, 01:55 PM   #623
JKnoop
JKnoop began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura hd
Hello davidfor,
Do you have the sd-image file for a Kobo Aura HD?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-18-2022, 08:48 PM   #624
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 08-04-2022, 06:36 AM   #625
demonk
demonk began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Hi I think also bricked my Kobo Aura HD.
But not after or during an upgrade. I was rebooting the device and 2 of the three black dots were showing and then it got stuck. A soft reset or reset to factory defaults does not work. My device just shows the following screen:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h6O...ew?usp=sharing
So it shows a blank screen and 2 black dots.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:29 AM   #626
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

If the factory reset did not work, then you can try restoring the image to the internal SD card. I have sent you a PM with the link to the image. For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.
Old 08-07-2022, 12:24 PM   #627
Vic93
Vic93 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Aura HD
Bricked My KOBO

Hi
Just blocked my Aura HD and it won't load.

LED blinks when USB is connected and power is pressed.
The computer cannot read the card.
Regards
Vic

Last edited by Vic93; 08-07-2022 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-07-2022, 01:45 PM   #628
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic93 View Post
Hi
Just blocked my Aura HD and it won't load.

LED blinks when USB is connected and power is pressed.
The computer cannot read the card.
Regards
Vic
Fyi; if your computer runs windows it will not be able to read the card; it contains multiple partitions which windows will not recognize, and will offer to format for you.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2022, 03:22 PM   #629
Vic93
Vic93 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Aura HD
How do I check that the card is working, I wanted to write a new image to another card and check the hardware.
Old 08-07-2022, 11:37 PM   #630
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic93 View Post
How do I check that the card is working, I wanted to write a new image to another card and check the hardware.
The device is not seen by the PC unless it is running and is in connection mode. To check the card, you will need to take it out of the device and insert it directly in the PC. You can test it there and restore the image that I have just sent a link to. With the age of the Aura HD, you might just want to use a new card. You can use one larger than is installed and expand the book partition to use the full space of the card.
Closed Thread