Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-19-2022, 09:54 PM   #1
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Glowlight 4 on sale $130

Glowlight 4 on sale $130
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 12:46 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
My local B&N has them in stock. I might take a look at one tomorrow (if they have them on display). I think $130 is probably where they'll price these and they'll probably go on sale for $110. (Instead of $120 and $100, like they were before.)

Last edited by rcentros; 01-20-2022 at 12:54 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:40 AM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Even though I have no plans for now, I feel like the Glowlight 4 is an inevitability for me.
Old 01-20-2022, 09:11 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why would anyone buy a Reader that has 32GB of storage and only 5GB for side loaded eBooks? That's telling B&N that it's OK to partition the storage.

Go into B&N and tell them why you will not be buying a GL4. That (I hope) will get B&N to stop these childish games.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:22 PM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why would anyone buy a Reader that has 32GB of storage and only 5GB for side loaded eBooks?
Because I otherwise find the device to be worth the price they're charging. If it had all current features and was waterproof I would own one already.

Quote:
That's telling B&N that it's OK to partition the storage.
No argument there. They pulled the same crap on the Glowlight 3. Like they refuse to learn. Hopefully like the 3, a firmware update will roll out doing away with the stupid partition.

Go into B&N and tell them why you will not be buying a GL4. That (I hope) will get B&N to stop these childish games.[/QUOTE]

I don't think going in to the store will do any good. When I worked there, the store and online were two different business and the Nook was more an online thing.

I have emailed them at service@bn.com. Feel free to send an email as well. The more the better.
Old 01-20-2022, 07:04 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why would anyone buy a Reader that has 32GB of storage and only 5GB for side loaded eBooks? That's telling B&N that it's OK to partition the storage.

Go into B&N and tell them why you will not be buying a GL4. That (I hope) will get B&N to stop these childish games.
For one thing it has page turn keys on both sides of the screen. I won't pay $150 for it (because I figure $20 of the higher, new price was justified because of the "32 GB" memory feature, most of which can't be easily used). But at $130 I figure the upgrade to the CPU is worth $10, even though I would basically be buying a 7 GB eReader. (If and when I did buy it.)

And another reason -- I want B&N to continue selling eReaders and eBooks. The more markets for eReaders and eBooks, the better.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:01 PM   #7
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Everyone, you can stop your worrying. I sent a strongly worded email to B&N.