Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 07-25-2021, 08:39 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Vidme video sharing site

The defunct Vidme video sharing site has been taken over by an unrelated company which is displaying videos unsuitable for links from MobileRead. Link to techspot article.

All links to the vid.me domain have now been removed from MobileRead and replaced with [deleted vidme link]
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 10:23 AM   #2
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
How many links are we talking.

Obviously, you probably don't have an exact number, but a ballpark estimate would do.

I mean, I hadn't heard of vidme before this... ahem... incident, so I'm not terribly surprised it's defunct now.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 10:32 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
How many links are we talking.

Obviously, you probably don't have an exact number, but a ballpark estimate would do.

I mean, I hadn't heard of vidme before this... ahem... incident, so I'm not terribly surprised it's defunct now.
Less than 30. And all in old posts, as it's been defunct for some time now. But I thought it was worth mentioning.
Old 07-25-2021, 10:38 AM   #4
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Somewhat offtopic, but I'm kinda wondering how much legal liability this company might be under as exposing someone to this sort of content unexpectedly is potentially illegal, especially if the exposed individual is a minor.
Old 07-25-2021, 11:47 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Somewhat offtopic, but I'm kinda wondering how much legal liability this company might be under as exposing someone to this sort of content unexpectedly is potentially illegal, especially if the exposed individual is a minor.
No idea. None at all, I'd hope. Especially since they are no longer here, and were always just links, not embedded video.
Old 07-25-2021, 04:37 PM   #6
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer

I meant, the liability the site that bought vidme's domain and started serving adult content instead of the content they were supposed to