Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-16-2018, 07:50 PM   #1
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Question Opening Epub 3 Files in Kobo App iOS

If I purchase an Epub 3 formatted Kobo book via my Mac, and only download/read it directly in the Kobo iPad app, will that avoid having to upgrade to ADE 3 on my Mac?

ADE 2 works perfectly for most of what I do, so I want to be sure I won't be forced to upgrade.

(I wasn't sure if this was an Apple question or a Kobo question, so apologies if I posted in the wrong forum.) Thanks!
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:45 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You shouldn't need to update. ADE 2.01 on Windows has no problem downloading ePub3 books from Kobo that have Adobe DRM. ADE opens the book automatically after the download, so it can do that, but I don't know if there are other problems when reading in ADE. And I haven't had any issues stripping DRM and adding them to calibre.

But, if you do just use the Kobo app, then it will avoid these issues.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ade, epub 3, ipad, kobo