Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-04-2012, 04:38 AM   #61
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
New version: 1.2.4

Hi everyone,

Another update. Sorry that there have been so many updates recently! But I think the rename template/batch rename is now working fine. And since there are not many EPUB3 files in the wild, I don't expect to do any tweaking to those routines in the near future. So please feel free to update! There shouldn't be a need for any more updates for a while. (Unless, of course, more bugs are uncovered...)

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.4
Recent Changes:
  • Fixes for batch rename and rename template
  • Added variable CreatorFirstInitial

Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #62
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

New version: 1.2.5

Hi everyone,

An observant user found a couple of bugs, so here's a new update.

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.5
Recent Changes:
  • Bug fix for file rename if file exists in subfolder
  • Bug fix for better handling empty metadata fields

Sincerely,
Ben.
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 02:56 AM   #63
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.6

Hi everyone,

This update only applies to the console version (although the version number of the GUI version has also been updated, too).

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.6
Recent Changes:
  • Updated console version to also handle EPUB3 (alpha)
  • Added more extractable fields (Publisher, Type, Format, Source and Version)
  • Console version bug fixes

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #64
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Donations now possible

Hi everyone,

I have added a donation button to the EPubMetadataEditor website just in case anyone was considering making a donation. Go to http://code.google.com/p/epub-metada...wiki/Donations for the PayPal link.

This is not a plea for donations, though. I just wanted to give people the option!

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #65
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.7

Hi everyone,

Came across a problem with the cover drag and drop so there is a new version with a fix. And while I was about it, I added something to the console version too.

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.7
Recent Changes:
  • Fix for a drag and drop problem with the cover image
  • Console version can now extract the cover
  • Added 'Extract cover' item to EPUB right-click menu (if association chosen in installer)

Sincerely,
Ben.
Advert
Old 10-10-2012, 05:32 AM   #66
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.8

Hi everyone,

I knew of a couple of bugs and someone drew my attention to another, so here's a new version that fixes those bugs.

Recent Changes:
  • Rename dialog now automatically updates the filename textbox to match the template (if there is one).
  • "View EPub" button now stays enabled when opening another file (only happened if there was no ini file in the program's directory).
  • Problem with adding cover image fixed (occurred when opf file did not contain carriage returns).
  • Program window should now look correct under different screen aspect ratios.

Let me know if you notice anything!

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #67
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.9

Hi everyone,

I made a couple of changes to the rename dialog for my own benefit and I thought it was worth sharing with everyone...

Recent Changes:
  • Current filename now displayed on File Renamer dialog.
  • Hold SHIFT when clicking the rename link to auto-rename using current template.
  • Catch rename file if it only differs from current filename in case only.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #68
Start
Enthusiast
Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Shine 2 HD
Hi! Thank you for your efforts. Before downloading your software, which are the requirements? I use Windows 8.
Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #69
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

The program requires .NET 2.0. It just works on Windows 7 (which is what I have) without needing to install anything first. I have never tried it on Windows 8, however.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:46 AM   #70
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.10

Hi everyone,

I've just pushed a new version after someone found a bug with the image prioritisation code invalidating EPubCheck. Here's the changelog:

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.10
Recent Changes:
  • Fix for EpubCheck validator fail after prioritising cover image
  • Streamlined cover file handling and added 'img' to css styles
  • Code cleaning

Note that EPub Metadata Editor does not fix errors in your epub files. If your epub file passes EpubCheck initially it should continue to pass after editing the metadata with EPub Metadata Editor.

As always, if you discover a problem, please let me know!

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:51 AM   #71
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.11

Hi everyone,

The latest version incorporates a couple of feature requests.

Sincerely,
Ben.

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.11
Recent Changes:
  • Drag & drop epub file onto form to open
  • Context menu for textboxes

Last edited by BenChen; 06-09-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:13 AM   #72
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.12

Hi everyone,

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.12
Recent Changes:
  • Fix for the version-checking code
  • Check for new version as background task at startup

As always, if there is a problem or a feature-request, just let me know.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #73
zs55
zs55 began at the beginning.

Device: Huawei Ideos S7 Slim
Hello, how can i change the Subject (sci-fi, thriller, adventure, etc.)?
zs55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:55 AM   #74
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by zs55 View Post
Hello, how can i change the Subject (sci-fi, thriller, adventure, etc.)?
Hi zs55,

At the moment, the only way would be to open the "Advanced" panel and edit the opf file directly. But I can also add a Subject field to the form. Maybe in the next release?

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #75
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.13

Hi everyone,

As requested:

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.13
Recent Changes:
  • Added subject field

Sincerely,
Ben.