Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2019, 09:32 AM   #31
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
same issue...
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:52 AM   #32
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Ok so deleted all folders relating to kfmon,plate,kreader,wolf thingy and dashboard. reinstalled dashboard and kfmon... edited config.json now loads the dashboard but no info whats so ever other than clock no icons work either only way to do anything is a reboot

BUT at least this is progress :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190820_150119.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	173048  

Last edited by lohtse; 08-20-2019 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:21 AM   #33
Mavireck
Connoisseur
Mavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo H2O (broken), Kobo H2O Edition 2 v1 (stolen), Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
Ok so deleted all folders relating to kfmon,plate,kreader,wolf thingy and dashboard. reinstalled dashboard and kfmon... edited config.json now loads the dashboard but no info whats so ever other than clock no icons work either only way to do anything is a reboot

BUT at least this is progress :-)
Wow that is really nice to hear!!
Does the clock update every minute or is it frozen?

If needed, you can change in the dashboard.py file the font size (just try and find values that suit you, I added to my to-do list to make them fit dynamically to the screen's height.)

I will look at Koreader and Plato's sources to check if touch input handling is different for the Kobo Touch.
Mavireck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:32 AM   #34
lohtse
Groupie

clock doesn't update... Just frozen... but one step closer lol
Old 08-20-2019, 10:54 AM   #35
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Spoiler alert: it is, and it's messy (there's three variants, possibly differing in behavior depending on some more unknown variables :/).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:41 PM   #36
Mavireck
Connoisseur
Mavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Spoiler alert: it is, and it's messy (there's three variants, possibly differing in behavior depending on some more unknown variables :/).

@Iohtse could you edit the .adds/mavireck/Kobo-Dashboard/dashboard.sh file ?
Change the last line, which says this :
Code:
python dashboard.py
To this :
Code:
python dashboard.py > log.txt
Then, restart the dashboard app, reboot and post in attachment or anywhere the log.txt file.
Thank your for your help testing it on another device
Old 08-20-2019, 12:54 PM   #37
lohtse
Groupie

where does it save the log file too?? dones as you asked and can't find the file also will not start dashboard when I click command is that normal?

change command line back and now dashboard will not even run!!!

Last edited by lohtse; 08-20-2019 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 01:22 PM   #38
Mavireck
Connoisseur

Quote:
where does it save the log file too?? dones as you asked and can't find the file also will not start dashboard when I click command is that normal?

change command line back and now dashboard will not even run!!!
That is not supposed to happen, that may be a encoding problem. I will send you a file in a few hours when I am home
Old 08-20-2019, 01:26 PM   #39
lohtse
Groupie

Okie dokie

happy to help
Old 08-20-2019, 02:16 PM   #40
Mavireck
Connoisseur

Quote:
Okie dokie

happy to help
I did actually forgot a few details, so my command did not work (although it should not have broken the app on your device).

Anyway, download the zip in attachment. Delete the old dashboard.sh, and put the one from the zip file in .adds/mavireck/Kobo-Dashboard/

Then, run the app (it should be working), and then send me the output.log file which should be located at .adds/mavireck/Kobo-Dashboard/output.log
Attached Files
File Type: zip dashboardShell.zip (1.5 KB, 210 views)
Old 08-22-2019, 05:32 AM   #41
lohtse
Groupie

didn't work so will do a fresh install
Old 08-26-2019, 02:43 AM   #42
lohtse
Groupie

Did a full refresh install... And now will not even start..... no idea whats happened... Can't get the log file either as nothing is being generate...
Old 08-26-2019, 04:01 AM   #43
Mavireck
Connoisseur

Quote:
Did a full refresh install... And now will not even start..... no idea whats happened... Can't get the log file either as nothing is being generate...
I am afraid I won't be able to help without a device at my hand. There is a little chance I might get a hand on a kobo mini for a few days next week. That is still unlikely but if I do, I will fix it for the mini and publish a new version.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:23 AM   #44
lohtse
Groupie

that would be great and if you need a tester for anything in the mean time send it my way and will give it another go on my kobo...

Thank you for all your hard work.
Old 08-28-2019, 09:39 AM   #45
Mavireck
Connoisseur

Some general news:

I recently worked on a framework to write apps more easily.
It is not revolutionnary, (every big app like Plato and Koreader include a similar framework). It is integrated inside tools like tkinter etc, but here I decided to work on a simple implementation to write simple code.

You can find it here :
KSSM - KoboScreenStackManager

What it does
When you build an app, at some point you need to write to the framebuffer. NiLuJe's FBInk is a librairy that does that for you, and it expects as arguments raw image files.
So what KSSM does, is that it handles the printing and removal of the images. So it keeps in memory which images have already been printed.
For instance, you can update something which is hidden by a popup very easily!

(And at some point it will come with prebuilt objects like popups, prompts, keyboard, buttons, lists, etc...)

Just... why??
Because when I developped my dashboard, I eventually found myself to be needing a more standardized way to print things on the screen, and to update modules which were sometimes hidden by the keyboard.
So I worked on KSSM.
And my life is becoming easier
(altough to this day, I have not yet ported my dashboard to KSSM entirely)