Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-13-2019, 01:01 PM   #1246
ksajksale
ksajksale began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Is there a way to make a metadata plugin that scrapes information for books in Serbian language? I have a huge collection of books in Serbian and there are some online stores that do have required info, there just is no plugin to get them.
ksajksale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:35 PM   #1247
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksajksale View Post
Is there a way to make a metadata plugin that scrapes information for books in Serbian language? I have a huge collection of books in Serbian and there are some online stores that do have required info, there just is no plugin to get them.
The short answer is yes, if you look at the Index of plugins Metadata Source Plugins section you'll find quite a few, such as Biblionet.gr, Antikvarium_hu and Martinus.sk.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:02 PM   #1248
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Go to most recently viewed

Wanted: a plugin that positions the booklist to the book at the top of the Recently Viewed list in the View tool drop down. I.E. make that book the selected item in list, without otherwise disturbing the list, especially the View Manager sort order.

Setting a metadata item, even via F2 in the list, doesn't cut the mustard because I have to remember to unset it. Doing a search means I have to look at the View drop down, type: title:"<what ever is at top of list, which can be quite long>", hit enter, and toggle the three bars icon to 'Filter' if it's not that already.

Would be good if it had a configurable keyboard shortcut.

Afterthought: maybe it could be another blade in the JobSpy Search tools set.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-17-2019 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Afterthought
Old 08-18-2019, 11:56 AM   #1249
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.

Device: 8" Win10 Tablet w/Calibre64
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Wanted: a plugin that positions the booklist to the book at the top of the Recently Viewed list in the View tool drop down. I.E. make that book the selected item in list, without otherwise disturbing the list, especially the View Manager sort order.

Setting a metadata item, even via F2 in the list, doesn't cut the mustard because I have to remember to unset it. Doing a search means I have to look at the View drop down, type: title:"<what ever is at top of list, which can be quite long>", hit enter, and toggle the three bars icon to 'Filter' if it's not that already.

Would be good if it had a configurable keyboard shortcut.

Afterthought: maybe it could be another blade in the JobSpy Search tools set.

BR

Job Spy already has a tool that gets you there. See the attached.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_search_for_book_title_list_in_system_clipboard.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	356.9 KB
ID:	173022  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:07 PM   #1250
BetterRed
null operator

Thanks - yes I saw that, that's what prompted the 'Afterthought'.

The 'difficulty' is getting the book title into the clipboard. Items in the View->Recently used list are not easily copied.

I have a gadget that copies fixed text (Textify), but it doesn't work in drop-down menus -- the 'magic' key sequence (ctrl+shift+F12) does nothing, and the 'magic' mouse sequence (ctr+alt+middle) does whatever - in this case View the book. But that's not a calibre or a Qt restriction; it doesn't work on menu drop-downs elsewhere either - including in Windows itself.

The Recently Viewed list is in metadata_db_prefs_backup, but that file is written when calibre is closed, I might want to get back to where I was 10 minutes ago. Closing calibre so it gets updated, opening the file, searching for gui_view_history, copying the first item, starting calibre, and using the JS tool is not a pretty option.

BR
Old 08-19-2019, 09:10 AM   #1251
BetterRed
null operator

Found a solution

My use of the Alt key in the 'Textify magic mouse sequence' was the reason it didn't work on drop downs, so I changed it to ctrl+shift+middle and it works - almost all the time.

Favourites is the first item in my book list context menu, and I had the View tool in Favourites. If I try to copy the most Recently Used item from there using ctrl+shift+middle nothing happens. However if I put View in the book list context menu I can copy the most Recently Used item with ctrl+shift+middle.

I can live with that. Bit bizzare it doesn't work behind the Favourites plugin but… I'm probably the 1 in 3M who would even notice.

There doesn't seem to be a shortcut definition for GUI Tool: Search for Book Title List Currently in System Clipboard. Would be magic if there was

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-19-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:56 AM   #1252
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.DaltonST is the One.

Device: 8" Win10 Tablet w/Calibre64
Open .../calibre/config/viewer.json with notepad, go down to "viewer_open_history", and you have your entire view history (more than 10 of them if you have not cleared your history).

Shortcut now available for indicated menu item.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 08-19-2019 at 10:18 AM.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:05 PM   #1253
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Open .../calibre/config/viewer.json with notepad, go down to "viewer_open_history", and you have your entire view history (more than 10 of them if you have not cleared your history).
I don't view the 'books' in question in the calibre viewer, I watch/listen with Windows File & TV and Groove apps. Calibre must hide MRU lists for those in the database - because I can see them in metadata_db_prefs_backup.json. But that's only as up to date as last calibre close.

But that's irrelevant now that I've discovered why Textify wasn't copying drop down text, and how to fix it -- don't use the Alt in the 'magic sequences'. I also discovered Textify can Autocopy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Shortcut now available for indicated menu item.
thanks to your kb shortcut list tool I can see Ctrl+Shift+L(ocate) is ready and waiting.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-19-2019 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:42 AM   #1254
eater
Enthusiast
eater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it is

Device: linux desktop
Wanted: When I change the metadata title of a PDF in my library, sometimes the title in the actual file changes, and sometimes it doesn't and I have to manually change it from my Linux command line with exiftool -title="Correct Title" /PATH

A plugin that could do this with a click, copying whatever's in the Calibre metadata to the PDF file, would be a real boon.
eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:36 PM   #1255
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eater View Post
Wanted: When I change the metadata title of a PDF in my library, sometimes the title in the actual file changes, and sometimes it doesn't and I have to manually change it from my Linux command line with exiftool -title="Correct Title" /PATH

A plugin that could do this with a click, copying whatever's in the Calibre metadata to the PDF file, would be a real boon.

I hope you are not changing it INSIDE the Library. You just broke the linkages to the metadataDB.

Calibre unifies(?) (makes it so all 3 OS can deal with the file path, not just your OS).
NEVER change any part of the Library file name path. (FWIW the Library folder name IS the Library name and the only thing NOT stored in the DB. )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:23 PM   #1256
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:

No need to for a plugin, the built-in Embed Metadata tool can do exactly what you want, including for PDF format files. You'll probably need to add it to a toolbar or menu -- or give a keyboard shortcut.

Calibre doesn't automatically update embedded metadata in format files - firstly many users like to keep their format files pristine, secondly it would impose a significant performance penalty on metadata editing.

@theducks - exiftool would modify the metadata embedded in the PDF.

BR
Old 08-20-2019, 08:19 PM   #1257
eater
Enthusiast
eater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it is

Device: linux desktop
Quote:
NEVER change any part of the Library file name path.
I am not changing the path or filename, just the metadata within the PDF file.

Quote:
the built-in Embed Metadata tool can do exactly what you want
Incredible, thanks!
eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:59 PM   #1258
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
I am not changing the path or filename, just the metadata within the PDF file.
My bad, misread your request. You are good with the Embed Tool
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub fix, epub-fix, google books, plugin development