Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 08-07-2019, 08:38 AM   #1
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur
HippieWiccan began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 12.2
Question Comments Not Syncing

I made a bunch of changes to the comments in Calibre. When I connect as a wireless device/sync books the comments aren't updating in CC.

please?
HippieWiccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:34 PM   #2
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur

UPDATE: I completely scrubbed and redownloaded all comments for all books. I ran the comment cleaner plugin to make sure there is no formatting so they would all have the same font/structure in CC.

Connected as wireless device/sync books...NOTHING!

It is not updating the comments. Please tell me I don't have to remove all of the books on my tablet and readd them.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:44 PM   #3
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
It works fine for me, both with "Sync Books" and "Don't Sync Books".

Comment: "Sync Books" has nothing to do with syncing metadata. Instead it copies the book file if the version in the calibre library is newer than the version in CC.

Question: are you using a plugin that "manages" the last_modified date or are you changing it yourself? CC and calibre use that date to determine if calibre must send new metadata to CC. If something is changing that date then there is a good chance that CC won't be updated.

The test: Display the last_modified date in the calibre spreadsheet. For some book, make a note of that date. Use "edit metadata" to change the comment for that book. Check that the last_modified date has been changed to now. If it has then in CC connect as a wireless device, not syncing books. Let it sync, then disconnect. Check that the change you made to the comment is now in CC.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #4
HippieWiccan
Connoisseur

Ok! It did update the one I changed. I guess I need to go into the other ones and see if I can sort why they aren't doing right. Thanks!