Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-06-2016, 10:45 AM   #1
Greendevel
Greendevel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
adding a shop in Get Books

Hello,

I would like to buy books from Amazon.nl but the shop is not listed in the shops list. Is there a way that I can do it or could someone do this for me ?

Manny tanks in advance,

Guido
Greendevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:49 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
What shops list?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2016, 11:04 AM   #3
Lizj1
Enthusiast
Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, Kindle 3, Kobo H20, Oasis 2
Hi Greendevel,

Do you mean the list of stores in "Get Books" in Calibre?

If so, you would probably be better to ask in the Calibre forums

Liz
Lizj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:08 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If he does mean the shops list in calibre, surely that just provides a link to the online store? If Amazon.nl was in the list it would do no more than open a web page to the Amazon.nl store.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:54 PM   #5
kalyy
Enthusiast
kalyy began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Do you mean the Kindle store? In "manage content & devices" we can change between some countries. Maybe that's what you're talking about.

If you want to shop in the kindle store for that country I think you'll need a Netherlands address.
kalyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2016, 06:01 AM   #6
Lizj1
Enthusiast
Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!Lizj1 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, Kindle 3, Kobo H20, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
If he does mean the shops list in calibre, surely that just provides a link to the online store? If Amazon.nl was in the list it would do no more than open a web page to the Amazon.nl store.
I was thinking of "Get Books" where you can search by book or by author, and get a list of all the offerings at the stores you have previously selected in the drop-down and in the Choose Stores pop-up. Amazon.NL is not curently offered on that list.
Lizj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:20 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizj1 View Post
I was thinking of "Get Books" where you can search by book or by author, and get a list of all the offerings at the stores you have previously selected in the drop-down and in the Choose Stores pop-up. Amazon.NL is not curently offered on that list.
Ah - I didn't know about that feature (I did go looking!). I suppose we'll have to wait to hear back from Greendevel.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:54 AM   #8
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizj1 View Post
It's probably fairly easy to derive from one of the half-a-dozen existing Amazon variants in src/calibre/gui2/store/stores/, if you can wrangle Python a little. (I'd do it, but I'm not sure if I can verify that anything works -- I don't even use Get Books.)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:07 AM   #9
Greendevel
Greendevel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Hello to all,

In Calibre there is an icon "Get Books", there you can make a choice in witch stores you want to look. My interest goes to books in dutch language, therefor i would like to see "https://www.amazon.nl/278-3566401-6886325".

Can somebody help?
Greendevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:46 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you want to make an enhancement request for Calibre, you need to be posting in the Calibre forum, not here.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:52 PM   #11
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Moderator Notice

Since this thread is asking about the functionality within calibre, rather than a general question about Amazon, I have taken the liberty of moving this thread to the calibre forums, where it might actually get an answer.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote