Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 06:53 AM   #1096
Shinryuu
Shinryuu began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 (4GB, G090G1)
Any idea why I'm getting an extra blank pages during the conversion? I can see white pages after each page but they doesn't seem to change the page number at all what I can see. What I'm trying to do is to make a one *.mobi file from chapters. I have chapters in folders like this. Let's say in a folder called Volume 1:

Code:
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
I've tried several settings out as well. These settings are optimal for my setup tough: Kindle PW 3, Manga mode and Scretch/Upscale since these pictures are around 25% smaller than Kindle's own screen size. I've tried to export to different formats as well. What I've experienced so far; this works just fine if you convert an individual chapter alone like straight from a .cbr/.cbz file. I haven't debugged anything out yet. I'm running 5.4.3 version on GNU/Linux. Calibre doesn't seem to offer these options at all so I'd like to stick on this tool instead.

Last edited by Shinryuu; 11-15-2017 at 06:55 AM.
Shinryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:11 AM   #1097
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I presume you see that blank pages directly on e-reader not in other tool? If yes - do you see page number/location number on bottom of the page?

Is this file display them too?

Last edited by AcidWeb; 11-15-2017 at 09:15 AM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2017, 11:44 AM   #1098
Shinryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
I presume you see that blank pages directly on e-reader not in other tool? If yes - do you see page number/location number on bottom of the page?

Is this file display them too?
That file seems to work well on my PW3. On Calibre; view panel adds those blank white pages for some reason but I had them on my device as well. Now I got this to work on my PW3. No idea what was the reason though! Let's see if I can re-produce this somehow.

Last edited by Shinryuu; 11-15-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:55 PM   #1099
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Calibre reader will always display blank pages. Also if you reconvert KCC output in Calibre you will break the file.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:59 AM   #1100
Shinryuu

Quote:
Calibre reader will always display blank pages. Also if you reconvert KCC output in Calibre you will break the file.
That explains the whole thing. Thanks for making this clear.
Advert
Old 11-19-2017, 04:44 PM   #1101
jethoman
jethoman began at the beginning.

Device: Voyage
Lightbulb Installed deb file in Ubuntu but the app won't run

Hello, I am a recent convert to Ubuntu, and while I have worked through some odd problems with applications before, this one is quite a head scratcher. I can see that the app has an entry in the applications panel. But nothing happens when I click on the icon.

I try to run the app from the command line and get the following output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "kcc.py", line 72, in <module>
File "kindlecomicconverter/startup.py", line 29, in start
File "/home/travis/virtualenv/python3.6.3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 631, in exec_module
File "kindlecomicconverter/KCC_gui.py", line 27, in <module>
File "/home/travis/virtualenv/python3.6.3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 714, in load_module
ImportError: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: drmGetDevices2
[11663] Failed to execute script kcc

Any help would be much appreciated.
jethoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:01 PM   #1102
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

@jethoman - https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/issues/251
Old 11-20-2017, 01:12 AM   #1103
jethoman
jethoman began at the beginning.

Device: Voyage
good to know, thanks!

Quote:
Thanks, that answers my question, I will try out the PIPY version in the mean time.
jethoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 11:44 PM   #1104
procyon
copyleft librarian
procyon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
kcc Kobo Glo HD

I just moved away from the Kindle to the Kobo Glo HD. Are Kobo formatted comics able to have the panel zoom feature that the Kindle enjoyed?
procyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:25 AM   #1105
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I'm not aware about this feature on Kobo.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:23 AM   #1106
procyon
copyleft librarian

Then why a Kobo Glo profile when the Kobo can open cbr and cbz files natively.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2017, 11:30 AM   #1107
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

There are people who want to use kepubs or processed cbz files.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:18 PM   #1108
procyon
copyleft librarian

What is the advantage of using a kepub here over the original archive?

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2017, 01:21 PM   #1109
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

No idea. Talk with Kobo users.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:49 PM   #1110
KindleManga
KindleManga began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hello there!
New user here so I will start thanking you for this great app/script!

I am starting to use it, however, I am having some weird behavior with the GUI, as it freezes from time to time, or if I have too many chapters and my computer goes to sleep then it does not resume with the computer.
None of it is your fault :-)

So I started using the python script from your github page... power users here I come :-)

I have few questions for you though:
- is there some downside of using the script instead of the GUI app?
- Does the command kcc-c2e -p KPW -m --hq -u -r 2 -b 2 -f MOBI <FOLDER_PATH> the same as the options in the following GUI: https://imgur.com/a/06yyV
- What is the script kcc-c2p really for? Is it used by the other script or is there a point for me to use?
- When I run the script the name of the volumes are 1, 2, 3...N based on the iteration but not based on name of the volume. I have tried the -o option but it does not help.

In any case it is a great piece!
I am going to create a docker image to facilitate its usage. Link coming soon :-)

Last edited by KindleManga; 11-30-2017 at 01:51 PM.
KindleManga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools