Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-31-2017, 07:21 AM   #1
t_heinrich
t_heinrich began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
Question (iOS) Cover View

Hi,

is there an option to have a cover view?

Cheers Thomas
t_heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:28 AM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Yes. Tap the icon at the upper right with the 4 small squares.
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:02 AM   #3
t_heinrich

Hi,

sorry I didn‘t mean the books in the app but the books when I connected to my Calibre library via Deopbox
Old 10-31-2017, 09:59 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Nope. None of the connection types offer a cover grid view.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:07 PM   #5
t_heinrich

OK then this is a Feature Request.
I will put it here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=280991&page=2
Old 07-23-2018, 08:54 AM   #6
BruceDC
BruceDC began at the beginning.

Device: iPad air 2
I don’t really understand cover view

I don’t really understand cover view
When I connect to a dropbox folder or to the content server my books are shown in list view.
Is cover view - I.e. grid view - only for books I have downloaded onto my device?
I only see the grid icon on the initial connect page.
BruceDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:26 AM   #7
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
FYI - there used to be an alternative to CC, in google store - dead now. I forget the exact name - maybe calibre cloud ??? - That app did present a cover view of calibre library books in dropbox. Did not do much else though & looks like google dropped it after the author stopped updating it. I remember only because I had paid for the pro version so was a tad annoyed to see it dropped.
As I recall, it kept a thumbnail cache on the device, so after the 1st connect to cloud , it was quite quick at refreshing the book covers.
i doubt it would work now though, even if I'd kept a copy, because dropbox changed their API a while ago. So apps that were not updated with the new API lost their ability to connect
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote