Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
emcotrina
emcotrina began at the beginning.

Device: none
which one? (I live in Spain)

Guys and Gals,

I am lost, absolutely lost. I want one. I want one before Xmas. And I do not know which one should I buy. PRS-600 or Papyre seems the best options, but not pretty sure. So advice is more than welcome.

BTW: Do you know any place where to get the most recent books in Spanish? (I can not find anything like Sony books or Amazon).

Thanks in advance.

Ellie.
emcotrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Hi,

Welcome, I'm from Madrid. About your device, you can look at Papyre at a shop in Spain, Sony you must buy it by Internet, because you can't buy or repair it at Spain (no problem if you don't mind).

And about Spanish books, no legal place, sorry. Publishers say that, perhaps, there're some books for Christmas and next year (I think at Book Fair in Madrid) they're going to introduce a big join of different publishers, but only small publishers or ols books now.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I found some sites that might help you find books, although I don't know about more recent books in Spanish, I really haven't had time to check out the sites in any great detail.

Edited to take out the links - sorry, I thought they were public domain stuff and links to stores, I didn't really have a good look at them

Last edited by Latinandgreek; 11-01-2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: take out link
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm afraid these sites should be "edited" according with the forum policy (not very legal they're).
Old 11-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #5
Suzu
Suzu began at the beginning.

Hi,
I'm also from Spain and I had the same problem.
I didn't choose the Papyrus because the Sony one loooked better. And if you are going to choose the Sony, the PRS-600 will cost you around 300€ in France.

If you aren't interested in the touchscreen or the notes option (or the built in dictionary) I suggest you to see the PRS-505 (I got mine for 150€).

For buying you have 2 options:
- Amazon
- Ask someone who will travel there to get it for you

PS: I must warn that the menus will be in the language of the country you get the reader and if you want to change it you will have to "hack" the reader.
Suzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 03:06 AM   #6
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
I'm not from Spain but I bought my reader from Apollo XXI. It's a company from Pamplona and they offer a variety of readers. And have e-book portal too. With spanish and english books.

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:40 AM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, Apollo XXI sell a lot of readers (and they're very serious). But the books at the portal aren't very new
Old 11-02-2009, 05:22 AM   #8
gosa
gosa began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
I'm not from Spain but I bought my reader from Apollo XXI. It's a company from Pamplona and they offer a variety of readers. And have e-book portal too. With spanish and english books.

DrS
Thanks for the tip.

I'm not from Spain either, but since I do live in Spain and have been looking into the purchase of an e-book reader this is very appreciated.

Here's the link to their site by the way:
http://www.apoloxxi.com/epages/62035249.sf
gosa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spain españa