Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #151
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
According to reports I'm reading from people who went to Costco today, Costco has already started their Black Friday sale.

Check prices before buying. Reports are saying that Costco has raised prices, making the final prices equal to what other stores will be selling the items for.

As always, YMMV.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #152
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
So tempted to get the nexus 7 lol
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #153
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Oooh, I just noticed that Best Buy has the Clip Zip in the two new colors, teal and lime! Can't wait for the BF prices!
Wow! I love that the buttons match the color of the player now.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:05 AM   #154
ChuckChic
ChuckChic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Last year target sold the Kindle Fire for something like $123 if I remember right and it was completely unadvertized. May be they'll do the same this year!
ChuckChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:18 AM   #155
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Just ordered the SGP 5" from Amazon for $50 off list price ($170). I think that basically all of the SGPs are $50 off, except for the 4". I won't see it for awhile, but I wasn't certain if prices (and availability!) would remain. Not the best screen as I understand, but has form-factor portability, a largish battery, 40GB (including the 32GB microdisk for $20), a simple camera, and access to Google Play - so it will replace my well-used, aging jetbook reader, creative Zen mp3 player, camera that is old and too big to carry, and hopefully work as a general PDA with Internet telephone.

I am probably expecting too much, but the Nexus 7 is more expensive now, too large to easily carry around, no back camera and I'd have to use the USBOTG cable for extra storage. I am also concerned about the screen issues that have been described with the Nexus 7. I am not in a position to easily replace the unit if there is a problem, and the SGP is a more "mature" product.

Well, I hope for the best :-)

Note: I am actually a big Amazon user and would have bought the KFHD if it just had access to Google Play store without rooting. Since it doesn't, I'd have to buy 2 devices...

Last edited by rgeorg; 11-19-2012 at 04:21 AM.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2012, 04:27 AM   #156
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Oooh, I just noticed that Best Buy has the Clip Zip in the two new colors, teal and lime! Can't wait for the BF prices!
I wanted the purple one, but now seeing the teal one.. I may get that instead. Or both.

What is the best card to get for it? Does a larger size slow it down at all?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #157
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I wanted the purple one, but now seeing the teal one.. I may get that instead. Or both.

I stick with the SanDisk brand for the cards. I've only used a 32gb card in the Clip Zip; it works great.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #158
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Well, that was fast - all of the 'lightning deals' Sansa Clip Zips are already claimed at Amazon

Of course I can try getting it elsewhere but I'd much prefer to shop at Amazon and I always have gift credit on hand there. Bummer ...
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #159
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Well, that was fast - all of the 'lightning deals' Sansa Clip Zips are already claimed at Amazon

Of course I can try getting it elsewhere but I'd much prefer to shop at Amazon and I always have gift credit on hand there. Bummer ...
There was a deal? What was Amazon's price?
Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #160
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
$27.99, the same price BestBuy's will be selling it.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #161
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Those lightning deals are located here:
Old 11-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #162
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks for the info. Oh well, I can wait the extra few days.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #163
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Upcoming lightning deal at Amazon. Starts at 12:29pm PT.

For reference, here are the upcoming BF deals for this item:
  • Best Buy --- $195 + free $50 GC
  • Target --- $195 + free $40 GC
  • Toys R Us --- $200 + free $20 GC + free $30 iTunes card

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-19-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #164
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Costco will be selling the SanDisk Ultra 32GB on BF for $16. That's the best deal on a 32GB card. Word has it that Costco's BF deals have already started. I haven't been to Costco to see if it's all stores or a YMMV type of thing. Anyway, I plan on buying several of these cards for my players.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #165
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Just ordered the SGP 5" from Amazon for $50 off list price ($170). I think that basically all of the SGPs are $50 off, except for the 4". I won't see it for awhile, but I wasn't certain if prices (and availability!) would remain. Not the best screen as I understand, but has form-factor portability, a largish battery, 40GB (including the 32GB microdisk for $20), a simple camera, and access to Google Play - so it will replace my well-used, aging jetbook reader, creative Zen mp3 player, camera that is old and too big to carry, and hopefully work as a general PDA with Internet telephone.
I just bought this device earlier this month. I love it! I paid $209 for it. It does everything I want except Hulu+ I've never own a real tablet before just my phone. So when I got it I put every app on it that I wanted on my phone. It works great. You can change the system font using Flip Fonts this is great. I went to XDA and downloaded their NokiaPure font and that improved text reading by 50% for me.

I got a TPU skin off ebay for it and a case from Amazon to keep it in. The case is made for a GPS unit but it fits the SGP5 perfectly when it has a TPU gel case.

The only downside is the softkeys light are super bright in the dark if you are trying to read it can mess with your eyes. I hide mine with a black microfiber cloth that allows me to still use the keys. If you root you can turn these off.

I can say since buying this my KF is just sitting on my night stand lonely. I use this little tablet for everything!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote