Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Audible: Nora Roberts 3 for 2 (for members) sale

Audible is offering your choice of three Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb books for two credits until October 31st...

Quote:
Get three books for two credits!

For the first time ever we're putting one author's collection on sale in the 3 for 2 store. Each of the books below was written by Nora Robert/J.D. Robb (same person!). Simply click each tab below to browse the sale by type. Then select any three books you'd like, and purchase them for just two credits. The special shopping cart in our 3 for 2 store allows a maximum of three books to be purchased at a time. If you have additional credits and want to buy even more books, you can keep coming back to this page to take advantage of the sale until October 31 at 11:59 PM ET (US).
http://www.audible.com/sp/3for2?tb=tab1

AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I love 3 for 2 sales -- especially when they include books I've been wanting to read and I've been wanting to try the J. D. Robb series. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm going to get Nora Robert's Chesapeake Bay series (4 books) and the first two J. D. Robb In Death books, to start.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
We're sorry...

This offer is not currently available:

That was Quick!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
We're sorry...

That was Quick!
Still works fine for me. The deal goes until the end of the month.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
We're sorry...

That was Quick!
It goes thru the end of the month.

Like all of their sales, you must be a subscriber, not just have an account.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
I love 3 for 2 sales -- especially when they include books I've been wanting to read and I've been wanting to try the J. D. Robb series. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm going to get Nora Robert's Chesapeake Bay series (4 books) and the first two J. D. Robb In Death books, to start.
Do they display for you (the J.D. Robb books)? They must modify the books displayed on those pages by what's already in your Library. I thought they were being really "cheap" by only offering the In Death novellas, but that must be because I already own all the novels.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Do they display for you (the J.D. Robb books)? They must modify the books displayed on those pages by what's already in your Library. I thought they were being really "cheap" by only offering the In Death novellas, but that must be because I already own all the novels.
34 on the first page (click each section for titles)
57 on 2nd page
44 last page
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #8
FizzyWater
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep, I think they do modify the display to not show you books you already own.

For me, it's 25 books on the first page, 54 on second page, and only 9 on the third page!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Yep, I think they do modify the display to not show you books you already own.
Yes, they do that for all the deals like this.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #10
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
thanks, AnemicOak - i've been working my way through the in death series. this makes it cheaper

sent some karma your way!

Last edited by basschick; 10-29-2012 at 09:21 AM.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #11
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
As you know by now, they did all show up for me.

I bought the first two, since I've never read the series before and wasn't sure how good the audio versions are, but it sounds like it's very well received (at least around here). I still have 7 credits so maybe I'll go back and get a few more before the sale ends.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #12
FizzyWater

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
As you know by now, they did all show up for me.

I bought the first two, since I've never read the series before and wasn't sure how good the audio versions are, but it sounds like it's very well received (at least around here). I still have 7 credits so maybe I'll go back and get a few more before the sale ends.
I really like this series overall. I love that it follows the same people, and the growing relationships between them.

I know some people who won't read them because Robb does NOT hesitate to go into sometimes lurid detail while writing from the killers' point of view. There's one particular scene that I tend to fast-forward through when I do a "re-listen" of the series. It's one thing to skim when reading, but sometimes with the audiobooks, it just seems worse and I'd rather not experience that scene at all!