Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
mark_e_h
Connoisseur
mark_e_h began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/IpadMini
cover change doesn't show in Kindle reader

I have a book in Calibre in mobi format. I download and change the cover - the new cover shows in Caibre book details panel.

But when I open the book in my PC Kindle reader, the old cover still shows. Any way to change to the new cover??

Thanks,

mark_e_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Did you do a Mobi to Mobi conversion? You need to do that for the new cover to "stick".
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_e_h View Post
I have a book in Calibre in mobi format. I download and change the cover - the new cover shows in Caibre book details panel.

But when I open the book in my PC Kindle reader, the old cover still shows. Any way to change to the new cover??

Thanks,

The Details panel has the Library version of the cover.
You need to convert the book to embed the current cover into the book.
Note; Metadata is updated in the copy, if you send to a device.

get your covers and metadata in place before you convert, that way the library copy (of the new format) will have the correct cover.
Note2: you can convert Mobi to Mobi
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote