Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-28-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
sednaa
sednaa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Please help, Calibre error message

Hi all,

I started Calibre, the program displays message box with error "Python function terminated unexpectedly cannot import name QVariant (Error Code: 1)". I then click OK and it quits.

I used Windows XP SP3, Calibre version 0.8.16.

I then uninstall Calibre (the program automatically delete directory C:\Program Files\Calibre2). Re-install Calibre. And the error message displays again.

Now, I uninstall again, remove the user profile in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\calibre, re-install Calibre. I still get the described error message.

I tried to download another old Calibre version 0.7.37. Install it, the error message is still there.

Now I download the Calibre-portable version, extract the zip file to the "Calibre portable" directory. Run calibre-portable.exe and I still get the error.

Any idea how can I resolve this problem. I'm really desperate now. I really like Calibre. The last time I used it is on 15/08/2011.

I really appreciate it if anybody can help me.
Thanks in advance.
sednaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ing-on-windows
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
sednaa
sednaa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello,

I disable the Anti-virus software, install, delete the user profile, delete the metadata.db, re-install the software. I still have the error message as described.

Try to run the calibre with the debug option.

C:\calibre -debug -g
MemoryLoadLibrary() failed loading icu.pyd
MemoryLoadLibrary() failed loading icu.pyd
Python function terminated unexpectedly
cannot import name QVariant (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\debug.py", line 188, in main
File "site.py", line 50, in load_module
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name QVariant

Please check and see if you can find out any problem.
Thanks a lot for your help.
sednaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have something on your system that is preventing the loading of DLLs. I have no idea what that might be.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote