Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #121
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
One of my externals is loud/vibrates too. I put a piece of shelf liner, it's squishy, solid, not the mesh, and it seems to absorb the vibration and lower the noise level considerably. I picked mine up at Walmart or Lowes, can't remember which.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:04 AM   #122
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No hon I mean the HDMI cable I linked to for $1.89 people say it wont work on some Samsung TVs. You will need a HDMI cable to use with the Roku. Ours only came with a audio/video cable but to get HD you will need a HDMI cable.

We own the Roku 2 XS. We bought it this year and it does get Amazon Instant Video and Prime.
well, strange.

HDMI is HDMI (assuming that it's 1.4a, etc).

could be that the samsung is being picky about a 1.1 cable (which you might run into, but really should not be sold anymore). A 1.3 cable is all you need with the Roku (since it isn't doing audio back or ethernet pass-thru). Unless you are needing one of those or doing 3D, a 1.3 cable should work with about anything. And is definitely all the roku/samsung combo needs (as I said, it works fine here; everything is HDMI and has been for years, now).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #123
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
If nobody posted this yet, some independent book sellers will offer the Kobo Mini for $49 on BF.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #124
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
If nobody posted this yet, some independent book sellers will offer the Kobo Mini for $49 on BF.
Thanks for the heads up. I'd love to have an ereader smaller than my Kindle 4. Now to figure out which stores will offer this.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #125
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I'd love to have an ereader smaller than my Kindle 4. Now to figure out which stores will offer this.
It's not a Pearl screen. So keep that in mind on contrast.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #126
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
That, and it's possible to pick up a used Sony 350 for around that price on eBay if you are patient. Then you get Pearl screen and small size. Plus higher resolution, since it's 800x600 packed into the 5" screen.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #127
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does it matter whether it is a pearl screen or not?

Tubemonkey, Unless Kobo has any info about it, I think one needs to search for an independent book store and call it to see if they have the promotion.

Here is the member search form from the American Booksellers Association
Old 11-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #128
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Does it matter whether it is a pearl screen or not?
Have you tried to read on a non pearl screen lately? They are ususally hard to read. On my old reader I sold I had to use the blackest font I could find. It's not worth the price.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-17-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #129
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Have you tried to read on a non pearl screen lately? They are ususally hard to read. On my old reader I sold I had to use the blackest font I could find. It's not worth the price.
No, I have never read on a non-pearl screen. Thanks for the warning.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #130
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
It would be an okay reader for Kids though although I think they would benefit from the $69 Kindle more. It makes no sense though why the mini doesn't have Pearl. It also probably be okay for someone who never had an eReader because They wouldn't know what a Pearl screen looks like.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #131
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It doesn't bother me. My first ereading experience was on a Sony 300 which was non-Pearl. I even read on it after getting my Kindle 3 and still no problem. I really don't care that the Mini is non-Pearl.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #132
xendula
eBookworm

I guess I was considering it because I thought the "free ebooks" link on the device was taking you straight to the Guenberg titles, which is not the case anyway. If I want to jump through hoops, I may as well just download them to the kindles I already have.

For some reason I thought their free ebook database had a direct feed from Gutenberg, which was a ridiculous assumption on my end.

It's still a sweet deal - $30 off.

Last edited by xendula; 11-17-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #133
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Tubemonkey, Unless Kobo has any info about it, I think one needs to search for an independent book store and call it to see if they have the promotion.

Here is the member search form from the American Booksellers Association
Thanks
Old 11-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #134
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It doesn't bother me. My first ereading experience was on a Sony 300 which was non-Pearl. I even read on it after getting my Kindle 3 and still no problem. I really don't care that the Mini is non-Pearl.
When you hold it next to your K4S, do you see a difference in contrast? And, I read somewhere that the screen background is lighter than on ther Kobos - how is it in comparison to the K4S? If you absolutely insist on posting a picture of them both next to each other, I won't mind either *hint* * hint*
Old 11-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #135
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
When you hold it next to your K4S, do you see a difference in contrast? And, I read somewhere that the screen background is lighter than on ther Kobos - how is it in comparison to the K4S? If you absolutely insist on posting a picture of them both next to each other, I won't mind either *hint* * hint*
Sorry, but I don't have the Sony; so I can't compare them. I was borrowing it from a friend until I decided which ereader I wanted. I went with the K3. I then replaced it with a K4S.