Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
bookmonster
bookmonster doesn't litterbookmonster doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Leaf 2
Can Calibre manage DTB books also?????

I've been using BookBag Plus for years to manage my DTB collection. But I absolutely love the many customization options for Calibre & would prefer to use it to mange my entire reading collection. In testing I have added a few books with the <add books from ISBN> option and it works great!. I've created a custom field for the format, then updated any tags/read date etc. and see no problems.

Before I continue with moving 400+ records, is there any downside/anything I need to be aware of in terms of backing up these entries, or is the metadata saved just like my standard mobi files?

Also BookBag Plus can export records to a file & I can select the fields. So if I created a file with ISBN & read date, could I then import this into Calibre without having to manually enter all that info?

Thanks for the help gang!
bookmonster is offline   Reply With Quote