Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 06:41 AM   #1
jerrywojo
Connoisseur
jerrywojo began at the beginning.

What is your method of organizing ebooks on your JB? Calibre?

Was wondering what everyone's method of organizing their JB's.

I have genre folders,(mystery,scifi etc) set up on a 2gig SD card. Have around 20 books.

Was using Calibre to send ebooks to my device. But not being able to send books to a individual folder resulted in a very messy looking device. No biggie though I'm just sending the file to the card and then manually moving the file to its folder.
jerrywojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
BoxOfSnoo
BoxOfSnoo began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, iPad Air
You can configure where Calibre sends the file, under Preferences - Add/Save - Sending to Device tab. I use Tags/Title - Authors, though I could break it down more. I thought I had series in there too...
BoxOfSnoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #3
smg927
Enthusiast
smg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Jetbook
I have 2,486 files (books) in 44 folders. The first level of folder is for genre. Within each genre I have alphabetic folders, "ABC", "DEF", etc.

My files (books) are named "last, first#title" (e.g. "Austen, Jane#Pride and Prejudice.txt", and stored in the alphabetic folder for the first letter of the author's name.

I use Calibre to convert files, but not to manage my books. I keep a copy of the books on my hard drive and use Sync Toy to sync the hard drive and my SD card.

To keep track of the books, I have a table for each genre with Author, Title, Summary, etc. I edit the table with Word and save it as a Word docx and also make a copy as a PDF. I keep both versions of the table in the genre folder, so both are copied to my SD card. Jetbook ignores the docx file, but I can read the PDF version with the Jetbook.
smg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
I sort by author (last, first) then by series and within the series folder are the books by title.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
To be honest, my ebooks are all over the place in my hard drive. What's in my hard drive is very similar looking to what my room looks like... everything all over the place. My work station is even worse. Papers everywhere...
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #6
jerrywojo
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfSnoo View Post
You can configure where Calibre sends the file, under Preferences - Add/Save - Sending to Device tab. I use Tags/Title - Authors, though I could break it down more. I thought I had series in there too...
This is using a global command,right?

I've been hoping to send ebooks to my own folders on the card. Such as a right-click command to "send to folder on card A".
Old 07-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #7
jerrywojo
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by smg927 View Post
I have 2,486 files (books) in 44 folders. The first level of folder is for genre. Within each genre I have alphabetic folders, "ABC", "DEF", etc.

My files (books) are named "last, first#title" (e.g. "Austen, Jane#Pride and Prejudice.txt", and stored in the alphabetic folder for the first letter of the author's name.

I use Calibre to convert files, but not to manage my books. I keep a copy of the books on my hard drive and use Sync Toy to sync the hard drive and my SD card.

To keep track of the books, I have a table for each genre with Author, Title, Summary, etc. I edit the table with Word and save it as a Word docx and also make a copy as a PDF. I keep both versions of the table in the genre folder, so both are copied to my SD card. Jetbook ignores the docx file, but I can read the PDF version with the Jetbook.
Going to look at the sync toy. I like your method.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #8
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I just have folders containing books, no folders within folders.

For the most part, the folders are by author. But in the instances when I have only one book of an author, I collect in the folder the books I have downloaded that day.

I do all my organizing on my hard drive, and then put copies of the folders onto the SD card.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote